Runny poop with no parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazzmarie

I went to the vet today for Ainz my 6 month old boy who has been having mushy poop lately and got cleared with negative test for parasites. Any idea what could be making his poop not formed? Was considering putting him on a probiotic, any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The lighting in the tank is crucial -- proper basking temps along w/ a good UVB --- what is the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb ? Where is it in the tank on top of screen or inside the tank? And next what are you feeding him ?
Karrie

cazzmarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3husc1bv said:
The lighting in the tank is crucial -- proper basking temps along w/ a good UVB --- what is the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb ? Where is it in the tank on top of screen or inside the tank? And next what are you feeding him ?
Karrie

He has a zoo-med 100W basking bulb with basking temps at 105-110 (measured with temp gun) and a reptisun 10.0 UVB T8 (mounted inside of cage) and I feed him collard greens as his staple veggie and dubia roaches as his staple insect.
His UVB is about 6 months old so I know he’s due for a new one which I will be upgrading to the reptisun 10.0 T5 on top the cage. You think his UVB could be loosing some of its power causing it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be but usually UVB has alot to do w/ calcium absorption-- try some turnip greens w/ your collard they like variety- I would get UVB changed out and see if it doesn't improve make sure the T 5 is 6-8 inches if on top of screen--
Karrie

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
You should certainly follow KarrieRee's advise on lights. Always heat and UVB check again. Nothing else matters if that isn't on point.

On the probiotic topic, of course you should do your own research, but what I found for bearded dragons is that only Lactobacillus acidophilus has been shown to have a positive relationship with a bearded dragon gut biome. Most pro-biotics do include L. acidophilus. I used powder Bene-Bac Plus for Birds & Reptiles sprinkled on my dragon's salad. She was having runny poo. No parasites. I also changed her lights First to make sure the UVB tube was fresh and her hot spot was indeed hot using a few different thermometers to verify. It did seem to help her poos form, but then she went to brumate so I only had a month of consistant Bene-Bac with formed poo results.

cazzmarie

Original Poster
DorgEndo":3fscc2xx said:
You should certainly follow KarrieRee's advise on lights. Always heat and UVB check again. Nothing else matters if that isn't on point.

On the probiotic topic, of course you should do your own research, but what I found for bearded dragons is that only Lactobacillus acidophilus has been shown to have a positive relationship with a bearded dragon gut biome. Most pro-biotics do include L. acidophilus. I used powder Bene-Bac Plus for Birds & Reptiles sprinkled on my dragon's salad. She was having runny poo. No parasites. I also changed her lights First to make sure the UVB tube was fresh and her hot spot was indeed hot using a few different thermometers to verify. It did seem to help her poos form, but then she went to brumate so I only had a month of consistant Bene-Bac with formed poo results.

That’s the one I was thinking of getting was the bene-bac
but the only thing that stopped me was I read somewhere where it says that that it has Enterococcus in it which is supposedly bad for humans. Have you had any problem with it? And how often do you sprinkle the probiotic on the food. Should you use it until you see results and then stop or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom