HELP! Baby beadie weak/limp legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pengu

Hello,
We have a baby beaded dragon, about 6 weeks old, his name is pudge. His legs suddenly stopped working properly. They are not swollen or spongy. He can sort of grip but it's very weak. He scoots on his butt and walks on his wrists. Or just lays with his legs all under him. He can move if he wants too and seems light in cooler still but he lets us turn him over which is weird. He has healthy poops every day. He gets salad and 4 or 5 small dubia roach nymphs a day. He won't eat many. He had a full shed about 2 weeks ago. He's already grown since we got him. He has a regular heat lamp with 150w. plus a 100w inferred one and a night heat lamp and a 150w uvb light. Hes in a 4 gal breeder. He usually uses every inch of that space. All his food has calcium powder on it. We give him water daily. He's had a few baths. I just don't know what's wrong. He's getting weaker but still trying to be his active alert self. Today he stopped eating. Nobody has any ideas. Is it mbd? Impaction? Nothing seems to fit. We are taking him to the vet Saturday. It's the only time the exotic vet can see him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of him, along with your tank setup too so we can see him.
Which UVB light are you using?
The 150 watt UVB light is that a mercury vapor bulb?
Did you mean to say a 40 gallon breeder tank instead of a 4 gallon?
Based on your description, it sounds some like metabolic bone disease. How long have
you had him?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess is the lighting in the tank please post pics of tank and lighting and him ---- please NO colored bulbs in the tank --- they are harmful to the eyes ---- we need all this info to help him basking temps and UVB is crucial to the health of the dragon and him to stop completely eating is NOT good -- how are you taking the temps in the tank --- heat gun stick ons or digital probe?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on pic
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom