Boy or girl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

So beardie went to vet for check up. Vet said 100% female. I beg to differ. Clearly HE has the 2 bulges like I’m seeing in all male pics online. I do have a picture but I cannot upload it can somebody please explain to me how to get it to show up on my post so people can look and tell me what they think?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Another incompetent vet. You see that some of them can't get the simplest thing right and yet they will take hard earned money as they fool around with your animals health. :?

Mflav

Original Poster
So I reached out to the vet today and sent him the picture asking if he still feels it’s a girl he said he’s usually 50% right in there is good chances it will turn into a male. Turn into a male? Isn’t their sex already determined at birth??? So much for that vet. He also told me that it was about a-year-old. I got him July 3 and he was only about 5 inches long. Right now he’s 15 inches long and weighs 196 grams. According to everything I’ve read he’s looking about 6 to 7 months old which was my original guess. I should’ve saved my money. Anybody else know a good way to tell their age without going by length? it’s such a broad spectrum

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol hes usually 50% right? Well there are only two options so you will be 50% right by default just by guessing.

Actually, a recent study was done that showed that gender could be determined while still in the egg. Which means gender is determined very early on and it definitely doesnt switch.

I'd go ahead and steer clear of that vet.

He was most likely 6-8 weeks old when you got him if you bought from a petstore. Possibly younger but usually they aren't sold under a month old.

-Brandon

Mflav

Original Poster
Brandon that’s what I had figured about two months old back in July which would mean about seven months now. That’s also right on track with length and weight. The vet told me if he was that long in July he was about 5 to 6 months then which I thought was crazy but figured he’s the doctor, he should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom