Parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

FESTUS

Hey, I'm looking into getting a bearded dragon. I've wanted one for a while now and have done tones of research. 1 thing I cant find though.
I already own a green cheek conure. I am curious to know if having them both in the same house as they will both be out of their enclosures a lot cause health issues. Like do birds carry some parasites harmful to berries? Or do dragons carry some harmful ones toward birds?
Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I dont think youd need to worry about cross contamination. However dragons are absolutely terrified of birds. It is one of their top natural predators. So keep that in mind. As a view of the bird likely will extremely stress out your dragon.

Otherwise, I doubt you have anything to worry about as far as parasites go.

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I have my beardie in a room away from my birds so he doesn't have to live in fear or in constant stress. He gets out /sunny window time in that room, and they get out time in their room. As far as cross-contamination, I would think that's only a concern if either animal spends time where the other poops. Just having them in the same house is fine. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom