IM SCARED MY BEARDIE MIGHT HAVE MBD AND I CANT AFFORD TO VET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookyash

Hi so my bearded dragon Falkor is around 14 months old, she is a sweet girl who never bit and is all around gentle, in the beginning of me taking care of her i noticed she twitched alot and i assumed it was due to low calcium so i would give her a little bit on crickets 1 or 2 times a week and sometimes on her veg, but after i do this it would always seem to make her better, recently iv noticed that she has become so twitchy lately. She was able to move around tho in total seem normal except for twitching but recently (like last week) iv noticed that she keeps her mouth a tiny bit open constantly and im scared it might be a sign of MBD due to the twitching and possible slack jaw, the only issue with this assumption is that i cant afford to go to the vet and get tested. Currently iv been giving her calcium and vitamin d3 and it doesnt seem to help her at all. Also to note she has recently (around a week and half) began to get aggressive towards me, jolting at me and trying to bite me and anything around her. Even tho she is being mean i still try to handle her by laying there with her on my chest. I dont want to lose her so soon if it is this disease and im honestly terrified that im being a bad mother. Im going to the pet store as soon as i can in order to get new bulbs for her cage and im gonna see if maybe that will help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First what kind of UVB are you using? How old is the bulb and what are her basking temps and how are you taking them? Where in the tank is the UVB on top of screen or inside the tank - the behavior is usually a lighting issue
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear that Falkor isn't doing well. That definitely sounds like metabolic bone disease
setting in, unfortunately.
As requested, please provide more tank setup information such as the type/brand of your UVB
lighting, the supplementation & feeding schedule for her. She does need calcium at least 3 times
per week, even as an adult.
If she doesn't have adequate UVB exposure she wont be able to absorb her calcium & other
vitamins, etc properly.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom