Odd Liquid Excretion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I guessed something might be off with Figment because while he usually has one poo per day, today he had two, large and for the most part well formed. One appeared to have been excreted with a puddle of liquid, but it was dry by the time I got home to clean the tank, and since he had squash last night, I didn't think too much of it. He often has more liquid in his voidings after having high-water containing veggies. The urates were mostly white; one had a bit of rust colored edge to it, but it could have been from the feces? Just guessing here.

Just now, he excreted a puddle that was 98% "something" along the consistency of egg white but not as clear; it was a bit like semi-clear yellow-tinged mucus, if I had to describe its color and consistency... only more watery. I could see a little dot of fecal matter and the white splotch of urates, but it was mostly this other stuff. I probably should have taken a picture.

At any rate, does this scream "Get the dragon to the vet ASAP" to anyone? Or is this just more of having a larger than usual helping of squash? Thanks for the advice.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My first reaction would be just an upset stomach or passing through excess water as you said. The urate can take different forms at times and isn't necessarily a problem. I'd just keep an eye on things for a while. A vet visit probably isn't needed unless it keeps up like that for a few weeks.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":qlhpnh5s said:
My first reaction would be just an upset stomach or passing through excess water as you said. The urate can take different forms at times and isn't necessarily a problem. I'd just keep an eye on things for a while. A vet visit probably isn't needed unless it keeps up like that for a few weeks.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye on him. His dubia roaches came in today, so his poo will probably go back to being piles rather than log-shaped, but I'll cut back on the squash a bit to see if that can get the liquids down. I don't want him to become dehydrated by passing too much liquid out... can that even happen with dragons? I know it can with mammals.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah they can get dehydrated. It's a bit of a balancing act I guess. Squash is good for them though so I wouldn't cut back too much if he likes it.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, he loves his squash! I won’t cut back on it much, then. He had a wet but otherwise normal poo this evening after munching down most of a plate of arugula and a bowl of dubias, but I’ll still keep an eye on it. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom