Bearded dragon suddenly can’t move front legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForcefulOrange

Original Poster
Her basking temperature is about 100 right now. She weighs 340g as she is not very big. Yesterday she ate 2 mealworms and took a very small amount of syringe food. She doesn't want anything this morning.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so 340 I am not sure I know they said anything over 400 grams is good for an adult- does she look thin? At least she's eating have you tried w/ the salads? And is she getting up to sit under her UVB?
Karrie

ForcefulOrange

Original Poster
I heard that 300-400 grams is usually a good weight, but I'm not an expert. I don't think she is skinny, but I'll send a picture of her to be safe. She loved salads and colorful fruits and veggies, but she doesn't want anything to do with them now. For her UVB, she would always sit directly under it. Since I have put it inside the cage I have placed her under it, since she can barely walk. This morning she doesn't want to come out of hiding.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No she looks good-- she could be going into brumation-- they slow down on eating and sleep alot-- keep an eye on her weight-- she should sustain it but it is possible she might loose some you just don't want a significant amount
Karrie

ForcefulOrange

Original Poster
I would understand the brumation, but I'm still worried it could be a result of her condition. She might not be eating because of a possible infection or MBD. She has never gone through brumation since I have had her. She is 7 years old.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The lack of eating could be the UVB issue-- she has not been able to absorb the calcium -- the infection I am not so sure- Tracie or others would haft to answer that question----
Karrie

ForcefulOrange

Original Poster
If she isn't eating, will she still start to absorb the calcium from her previous meals? I hope Tracie will respond soon. The vet will call me within the next day or so with the blood test results from the lab.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tracie is on at nite--- so hopefully she will respond tonite+- you can always pm her--
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing tonight?
So you remounted the tube bulb to inside of her tank, correct, directly overhead?
Give it some time to start working it will take a little time.
If you are giving liquid calcium, I would give just the liquid but not the powder as giving
both may be too much on her system. Can she use her legs & climb at all, or not really
very well?
Her body condition overall, looks good. Has she had a black beard right now?
If she isn't eating, what are you planning on syringe feeding her?

Tracie

ForcefulOrange

Original Poster
She didn’t move much last night. She was on her blanket most of the afternoon and into the night.
The UVB was placed directly overhead her basking spot right next to the other bulbs.
She can’t climb well at all. I place her on her basking spot and when she’s had enough she just drags herself down.
She hasn’t had a black beard at all thankfully.
For the syringe feeding I blended a few mealworms, quite a bit of kale, 3 baby carrots, 3 raspberries, a bit of honey for the antioxidants, and then I put in calcium powder with D3 and a vitamin powder with beta carotene. She still doesn’t seem to want any food. I’m going to buy some different veggies to see if she might just want something different. I’ll post a picture of all the supplements I have for her.

I gave her the second shot of antibiotics today. She gets a shot every 3 days for 15 days. Although there’s a good chance she doesn’t have a neurological infection, I’m going to play it safe. I’d never forgive myself if I didn’t give her the antibiotics and she did have a neurological infection.

ForcefulOrange

Original Poster
I just got a call from the vet confirming that Kipster does have an infection of some kind. She has a super high elevation in her azurophil white blood cells. I'm waiting for the doctor to give me a call to discuss it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom