Ok I feel silly right now.. our little boy (who might not be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was wondering if someone could help my daughter and I.. our Dracko took his bath yesterday and seemed to be very thirsty.. he got good fill of water, chilled for a bit then I got him out and dried him off.. we cuddled for awhile under the blankets and of course he had to be zen with wall.. his favorite thing lol.. well we went shopping to get him crickets and a few things and when we got back he was shop blown up and looked really swollen.. well I haven't slept a wink, been looking up possible reasons.. he did eat about 30 to 34 crickets when we gave him them.. he was pretty active then slowed down.. but it's also been dark.. every night him and I cuddle.. we play for a bit then he snuggles up on miku chest a takes a good nap.. I make sure I keep him nice and warm and I usually start nodding off myself.. he's just so sweet and cuddly.. well one of the possible reasons is he might have swallowed water and is developing an RI.. this of course is all I can think about, so through my tears and panic I keep looking.. well my daughter starts crying a little bit ago and I said just stay calm we will figure this out and get him to a vet and do everything we can.. I mean he's just as much a part of the family as her and I.. she asked me if there was anything else it could be... I said well they could be eggs but that's impossible your brother confirmed he's a boy.. so being a woman and a mom I had to double check.. uh oh now im confused and think he might be a ... SHE.. I was hoping maybe someone with a little more knowledge and experience could maybe let me know if he is a she and she could have eggs or if he is not doing well and I need to rush our beautiful Beardie to the vet.. or both

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Sorry to hear about Dracko! It could be that a full meal + water is the cause. I believe they will gape if they've swallowed water wrong, but more senior posters will have to weigh in on that. To ID male/female, we will need is a good underside pic where the tail meets his/her back legs at the vent. 2 bumps along the side = guy, 1=girl, I believe. Again, will leave that to the experts.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Dracko is probably bloated from drinking a lot and then [ if I understood right ] he ate a bunch of crickets ? Even IF Dracko is female she would not suddenly become very full looking because of eggs , it would be gradual. They sometimes puff up when they are cold so be sure that baths are not too frequent and that you put her in the heat of the tank right away after you dry Dracko off. BTW, post pics like this and we can 99% tell you the sex.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
My guys belly will look like that after a big meal and before he’s had a poo. The equivalent of a food baby lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom