Could my dragon be sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercat48

Original Poster
Hi, my concern is the rapid weight loss. In October 22 he was 780 grams two weeks after he was 769. Today he is 700 grams. He is a year and a half old. I'm at vet and he states he is fine that he is preparing for brumation. I just feel he is losing to much weight to fast. Am I over concerned? I wanted him to loose weight but not this fast.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
If he's indeed preparing for brumation, it could be that the combination of not eating + voiding what's already in his system can account for the weight loss, but I'd ask them to do a fecal to make sure. They recommend that for a pre-brumating dragon anyway, since parasites can be bad news for them in that state.

Thundercat48

Original Poster
Hi everyone I just got back from dr and he assured me that RHAEGAL was fine. He stated that his weight now is actually better for him. He also stated that he may be preparing for brumation. I told him how active he has been. I guess losing 80 grams feels great, wish I had his willpower to not eat and reach my goals?. Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I apologize to you Kerrie if I was abrasive. I know you were only trying to help. I feel good now that my baby is fine. Have a great day everyone

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Great to hear & glad we could help. Just keep an eye on his weight from time to time if he does decide to sleep. Weight loss during brumation does occur, but it should never be a significant % of the dragon's weight. Oh, and since you're new here, there is a mandatory picture requirement so we can all enjoy your little bundle of energy!

If you do want to post a pic now or later, you can use the Image Uploader at the top of the forum and then embed it in the post using the XIMG button. It really does help everyone when people post with concerns about their beardie, and we sure do like seeing everyone's little buggers regardless :)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Thundercat48":34kdi9ef said:
Wow, a custom cape- mine don't even have that! :lol:

It's great to get new people on the forum who obviously love & care for their beardies. Hopefully, we'll see more of Rhaegal's exploits in the future!

Thundercat48

Original Poster
Hi , I ordered it on etsy's at ubbysnstuff shop. I'm ordering the elf for Christmas. She has everything for them. He has a sweater as well, I'll take more pics later

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hoping that's what my Christmas tree looks like this year. Both mine are brumating and I'm going through serious beardie withdrawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom