Stunted growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaBlue3

Hi everyone! Haven’t been on in awhile. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! So our beardie will be 6 mos old in about 2 weeks from my best estimate and is only 11.5 in long and 77G. She came from pet smart and from the advice I was given when we purchased her I know she did not proper care for her first 3 months of life. We have that all straightened out now but I’m just wondering is she just a slow grower or could she be stunted from having a rough start?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont think so w/ the proper diet and protein and good lighting she should be able to catch back up-- some dragons grow slower than others too -- so just feed her a variety diet and she should be fine
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible.

How much is she eating per day? How are her activity levels?

2 of my jew girls that are only 4 months old or so have already caught up and likely passed one of my 7 month olds. but my 7 mo doesnt eat as well as the others and tends to go through small growth spurts as opposed to linear progression.

Still, at 6 months she should be a bit bigger, even if she is a slow grower.

Is your husbandry all proper?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom