20 gallon tank uses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rylan22250

I just moved my young beardie into a larger tank and now I have an empty 20 gallon tank. I was wondering if y’all had any cool ideas of what to do with it? Not really looking to get another pet. Don’t really want to store it, and they don’t sell well locally. Thanks in advance! :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
They make great feeder tanks for dragons to chase their crickets or roaches. Plus it's fun to watch them. All you need is a 75 watt household bulb for a little heat and, light. That is what I did with mine.
I got a pack of those peel and stick 1'x1' cork squares and put them on the floor for traction.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A feeder tank is a good idea.

Some people also use them for their dubia colonies.

-Brandon

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
I love an empty 20 gallon, that's the best of the best for small sized tanks. Of course, you say you're not looking for more animals, which limits my options (normally I'd totally suggest a couple particular species of gecko or frog-toad). It also happens that my fish tank is a 20-gallon, so I have a lot of stocking recs for that size tank if you were interested in the fish life.

Are you at all interested in plants? That's just about the perfect size for a little in-door gardening. All you need is to decide what you want to grow... My recommendations would be carnivorous plants, low-growing herbs like thyme and oregano, or maybe a succulent garden. Grab a little grow light - my rec would be a NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light with Extendable Brackets - grab your plants - bam! Perfect wee garden.

Feeder tanks are a stellar idea, either to feed your dragon in or to breed feeders in. That size tank is perfect for roaches, if you want.

If you're feeling real ambitious, it's not that hard to break down a tank, but then you have 5 pieces of glass and some trash instead. Still, there's a good bit of crafting you can do with glass, especially if you're confident enough to cut it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom