Rescued obese female w/ scales falling off?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Rescued obese female w/ scales falling off?

Postby LSUTigris » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Rescued today & will be going to the vet next week. She was left in a house last winter with no power for who knows how long & appears to have MBD, both front feet stay turned in. And she looks quite obese. My biggest worry is the side of her face looks yellow & has scales missing/falling off. She's being quarantined away from my 5 other reptiles. Anyone have any ideas about her face & recommendations to get some weight off? Thank you!!
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
LSUTigris
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Rescued obese female w/ scales falling off?

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Not sure if that's yellow fungas or not-- others on here would need to look- putting her in a good salad diet w/ crickets or dubias 2 times per week and limit the worms like butter worms wax worms-- what has she been eating?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:18 pm

I'd probably try some antifungal cream on the area and see if it starts to improve but having a vet run a skin test is a good idea. It looks like thick shed to me but the damaged scales nearby may indicate an infection of some sort (not necessarily YF) so it's good to check into it further. The weight change will take time and patience. Time and space to move and get some exercise is helpful and combined with a diet change to include mostly veges should do the trick over time.
CooperDragon

Postby LSUTigris » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:30 pm

She's been eating crickets & all the wrong vegetables. A lot of sweet potatoes & broccoli & who knows what else. I've been feeding her veggies daily & dubias once a week.
LSUTigris
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:31 pm

Use this for nutrition guide
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health