New owner - is my enclosure ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeth

Hi all,

Been reading through forum posts for the past couple of months since deciding to get a baby beardie. Now its about two weeks until the little ones will be old enough for the breeder to air freight them, I thought it might be a good idea to make sure everything is shipshape enclosure wise.
full

The uv light is a zoomed t5 HO 10.0 bulb (It is the full length of the tank, but I have some lino providing a block for about half the light). The basking light is a 60W bulb currently, though I do have 40W ones just in case it gets too hot as we get into summer. (Based in Queensland, Australia)

I have a digital probe thermometer/hydrometer in on the basking spot, as well as a infrared thermometer for checking other temperatures.

The tank floor is lino, and I also have a tile down, so hopefully the little ones nails will be kept trimmed.

So I guess my question is, have I got everything in the tank at least decently ready for my new friend, when they arrive?

Many thanks,
Deeth

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Looks really nice - good set up. Well done.
Is that a rope hammock thing - little guys love those - you should string that low so he has places to climb, maybe a hide. But otherwise - looks very comfy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes it looks good --- since its a T5 you dont want basking spot closer than 12 inches --- they are strong bulbs so if its closer than that you might need to adjust the decor --- is there a hide in the tank -- your little one probably wont use it right away but its nice for them to have --- basking spot should be 105-110 for your baby
Karrie

Deeth

Original Poster
Thanks both of you. The rock in the back right is actually both his basking spot and a hide, so those are both sorted. Definately keeping the distance for the light in mind, though it does have a mesh top, so that does stop some of the uv. The lights positioned towards the front of the tank, so hopefully it's got a little more of a gradient on the big branch structure then it would otherwise be. Thanks muchly for your responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom