Very tired bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia1

My 1 year old bearded dragon has been very sleepy. In the beginning of November, he slept for about 4 days straight. Since he woke up he has been a little more tired than usual but it is getting worse. He has just been sleeping basically all day and he’s not really basking. He’s been eating and pooping normally for the most part.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is his weight? You'll want to keep a close eye on that. If it's remaining fairly stable you may want to hold off on giving him much food and let him sleep because he may be going into brumation. When they do this they tend to slow their metabolism so they are much less hungry and don't poop as frequently. It varies between dragons though.

amelia1

Original Poster
i haven’t weighed him but he looks to be stable. I am just confused because he slept for 4 days so I thought that was it for brumation.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is a bit different between dragons. My guy started getting sleepy in July and finally started really sleeping a lot in September. He will wake up with a groggy look on his face now and then but will generally sleep or sit still and act groggy for weeks on end. This usually stops around Christmas and he wakes up and starts being hyperactive. Then his appetite comes back and he acts normally until next season.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Some dragon go through a semi-burmation phase. This is where they will sleep for a few days wake up and, eat for a few days and, then back to sleep again. This can continue for weeks or months. It is all up to the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom