Not pooping regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

My beardie(about 9 to 11 months old )was treated with Flagyl 1x a week for 3 weeks for parasites. Her last dose was a week ago today. Since she started it She has only been pooping every 3-4 days(and mostly because I’m soaking her in warm water). She used to go daily. I do not feel that she is impacted she is eating normally very active etc. just not sure if this is normal after being treated with med. I asked the vet and he wrote back no worries which did not help me at all. Has this happened to anybody else after parasite med?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she is active and acting normally. It may take some time for her to get back to a normal routine. Also, as they get older they go less frequently in general. It could be that the meds dehydrated her a bit. Try offering some hydrating foods like squash or maybe drip some water on her nose to lick up and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom