Adult beardie loaing weight and wont eat...Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimmieWB

Ok so I took m
106702-9695861996.jpg
y bearded dragon to the vet today because she is lethargic. She also has swollen limbs, wont eat, is walking like she is drunk. All she does is sleep all day. I took to the veg they did an xray and said everything looks fine. She also did blood work and the results will be in tomorrow. I got some food that I have to syringe feed her twice a day. I'm worried the vet doesn't really know alot about beardies. I'm scared for my baby. Oh she is also 11 yrs old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of the tank and lighting and her ---https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pics -- its possible she is brumating but we need to see the lighting and her please --- and w/ her losing weight that is not good
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What UVB are you using and is there a reflector on the fixture--- she needs to be able to sit directly under the UVB -- what are her basking temps and how are you taking them? What is her diet consist of? Did the vet test for parasites? What is in the dome beside the basking light? The lighting in the tank along w/ basking temps are the MOST crucial thing to a dragons health!! Does she have a hide?
Karrie

KimmieWB

Original Poster
KarrieRee":66n6xcw6 said:
What UVB are you using and is there a reflector on the fixture--- she needs to be able to sit directly under the UVB -- what are her basking temps and how are you taking them? What is her diet consist of? Did the vet test for parasites? What is in the dome beside the basking light? The lighting in the tank along w/ basking temps are the MOST crucial thing to a dragons health!! Does she have a hide?
Karrie

Hi Karrie,
When she is up on the log she sits directly under the light
The two lights one is heat and one is heat and uvb. Her basking temps are 100 and in the other end around 75 or 80. She only eats king worms, horned worms,crickets, kale, carrots, apple and squash. And dandelions in the summer. We have had her for 10 yrs and she has been doing fine up until a little while ago when I noticed her changing. Not eating as much and sleeping alot. I'm still waiting for the vet to call back with blood test results. She did say she felt something in her abdomen and she wasnt sure if it was eggs or tumors. She only started laying eggs a couple of yrs when we had a Male beardie for a little while.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So you have 2 UVB's the tube and the one in the dome? Sounds like shes slowing down-- did they do a fecal to check for parasites? Is she digging in the tank ?
Karrie

KimmieWB

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29t9spzq said:
So you have 2 UVB's the tube and the one in the dome? Sounds like shes slowing down-- did they do a fecal to check for parasites? Is she digging in the tank ?
Karrie

Ya we do have 2 is that bad?
No they didnt. But she will only poop when shes in the bath lately.
And she is not digging.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't think you need two UVB's-- I would change out your allin one and get a regular bright white basking bulb--- it's going to be trial and error w/ temps- start w/ a 100 watt get an accurate temp w/ digital or infrared heat gun and go from there-- make sure the UVB is where she can sit directly under it---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom