Signs of injured beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone,

About two hours ago, had my beardie out and was on the floor. He ran over to burrow by my pant leg and when i mved to get up i'm worried my leg rolled on top of him. I'm concerned he may be injured but he's showing no signs.

How could I tell if he's hurt?

-He's walking normally.
-No black beard.
-He had a bath and swam normally.
-His poop did not look bloody in the bath.
-He's eating.

Are there any indicators for a beardie that is injured?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if he's walking + acting like he usually does then there's likely nothing to worry about. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, unless you put your entire weight on him, he is most likely not injured. If he starts to
limp, become lethargic or black beard then you would want to look a bit closer.
It sounds like though, he is fine. :D

Tracie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. He seems ok but he did gape today - he only gapes under his heat lamp, and he was under it...so he doesn't seem to be doing anything unusual.

Is there anything I should look for? Again, he only gaped under his heat lamp like normal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If he normally doesn't gape under his heat lamp, then maybe double check the temperatures
to be sure it is all good for him.
If he is injured you should be able to determine that pretty well. He may start black bearding,
having a lack of appetite, limping, lethargic behavior, etc. If he isn't exhibiting any of those signs
yet then he should be just fine.

Tracie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":1gu7681u said:
Hello,

If he normally doesn't gape under his heat lamp, then maybe double check the temperatures
to be sure it is all good for him.
If he is injured you should be able to determine that pretty well. He may start black bearding,
having a lack of appetite, limping, lethargic behavior, etc. If he isn't exhibiting any of those signs
yet then he should be just fine.

Tracie

Hi Tracie,

He wasn't hungry today, didn't seem at all interested in his crickets. He ate between last Thrusday and today though. The lack of appetite today is likely unrelated, right?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it is most likely unrelated to that incident. Has he shown any signs of brumation or is
he old enough for that yet? If he is going to shed he might not be as hungry as normal either.

Tracie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3tg8ei82 said:
Hello,

Yes, it is most likely unrelated to that incident. Has he shown any signs of brumation or is
he old enough for that yet? If he is going to shed he might not be as hungry as normal either.

Tracie

Hes only 7 months, not old enough for bringing. However, he is showing the signs, and it,is cold outside with less sun.

Oh god, is my,baby ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom