Dying beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladstone

I know Gladstone is dying. He’s 10 years old, skin and bone, hasn't eaten in a month and just lies around, occasionally moving. What’s the best way to help him on his journey? Turn off the lamps and let him sleep his way to his last breath? Leave all the lamps on? Put him under just the night lamp?So sad to watch.
Liz

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Liz,

I am sorry to hear about Gladstone is not well. At 10, that is a good life span.
How long has he been thin?
Have you taken him into the vet just to get x-rays, etc? We would be happy to review
your tank setup with you if you would like.
My thoughts are that if you are sure he isn't going to make it then making him comfortable,
giving him water, trying to assist feed so he can get nutrition is what he deserves. Keep all
of his lights on, so he has his daily routine, & spend plenty of time with him.
Can he lift himself & walk or climb?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here are some signs of a dragon dying
SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING
• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
• They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
• They will stop eating.
• The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
• They may spend more time in the cool end.
• If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
• They appear to have “given up”.
• Their breathing will become very shallow.
Karrie

Gladstone

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments and help.
Sad to say Gladstone has passed on to the land of perpetually warm rocks and endless supplies of crickets.

Over the last 10 years I have relied heavily on this website. Thank you to all concerned.
Elizabeth.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Gladstone":cwcwzy52 said:
Thanks for the comments and help.
Sad to say Gladstone has passed on to the land of perpetually warm rocks and endless supplies of crickets.

Over the last 10 years I have relied heavily on this website. Thank you to all concerned.
Elizabeth.
Rest in peace :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I am so sorry Gladstone has passed. :cry: He had a nice long life with you.
I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
It's always hard to say goodbye to them. Good job on giving your beardie a good long life, though, and it at least sounds like he went peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom