Emaciated Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugglesMom

Original Poster
Ok, that makes more sense. I couldn't see 2/3 of the top header on my phone. Had to email the pics to my PC lol. Here ya go.

106640-5889688907.jpg
106640-9465096076.jpg
106640-5503881127.jpg

MugglesMom

Original Poster
Hey, just wanted to check in since I never heard definitely if I should be force feeding him. He did start eating *some* bugs after he got into his new cage. He weighs 41 grams now (up from the 34 a week ago when I got him). So should I leave him alone, or does he need the extra help? I can still see his backbone. I can tell he feels better because he bit me this morning. He was doing that at the pet store and I figured it was the fear (fight or flight) response not allowing him to feel how bad he really felt. Then he got here and was safe, so he chilled out, and I told mom we'd know when he felt better because he'd start being a twit again, and sure enough. I don't mind. I'm happy he's feeling better.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice set up for the little one. :) He's a tiny bit on the thin side but not emaciated at all right now. He's gaining weight + eating so you're doing a great job with him, no need to force feed him at all. :)

MugglesMom

Original Poster
Ok good. Now that he's back to his feisty self, I don't really want to stick something in his mouth haha. I will hang onto the carnivore care and bee pollen for a rainy day. Hopefully I never need it. And I'm sorry. I considered this emaciated. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Anytime I can see an animals spine I'm like "Eeeek!"

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he likes having a bit of it just drip some that is watered down on his snout . If he doesn't like it you can still drip plain water on his snout a few times a week to help him stay hydrated. BTW, does he bask under the uvb bulb or spend more time on the left ? I see his heat bulb is over there, just wonder if you know the temps. in both areas.

MugglesMom

Original Poster
Just wanted to let you guys know that he ate half of his salad today and 3 superworms this evening. He looks better. I think we're ok.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, good to hear it ! Be sure the superworms aren't the staple insect and are not too large. They can cause impaction in smaller dragons very quickly, so not to be negative but just be careful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom