Yellow fungus in mouth. He is so so sick, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemH82

Original Poster
Hey, sorry for the bad photos, it's all I can get. Today he is weal but took 1ml of critical care food am and over a ml tonight but was sick.
The vet yesterday said keep doing what I'm doing. Its beginning to not feel right when he is so sleepy and weak.
106609-3780979472.jpg
106609-4212128851.jpg
106609-6133472235.jpg
106609-9301708978.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor lil guy, he would be really weak after enema. His mouth does not show any problem from that pic.

GemH82

Original Poster
I'm at a complete loss now. He was like this before the enema but has not helped. There just has to be something else. Eating today he had a vit of white on his tongue.
You would like to think a reptile vet would know what they're doing but, as with my Turkey, I'm really losing faith. I'm really wondering what's fair on him.
Unless his mouth looks better because he's had anti-fungal for 5 days......

GemH82

Original Poster
What are the chances of him rallying around and picking up from the enema. We should be able to trust vets!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What is the name of the fungal meds. he's on ? I've never heard of fungus in the mouth and I can't see anything in the picture. Did you say that he threw up the last bit of food you gave him ? I am really sorry that he and you are going through this, it's very sad to see and I feel for you. : ( I hope that he can rally but just take it a day at a time. Here are a few threads where beardies got sick or died after an enema. In almost no cases are enemas needed for beardies but sadly some vets just give them.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=174324

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=134412

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I agree, fungus in the mouth would be extremely unlikely. In the pictures you posted, I also don't see any real cause for concern, as far as the mouth goes.
So have you actually noticed a change in color in the mouth, or is it possible it's always been yellow? For instance, eastern dragons tend to have yellow mouths, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that rankins could too. I just don't know too much about rankins in particular honestly.

Enemas can be very tough, and like AHBD said, almost never necessary. But hopefully since he's been fighting so hard, he will recover just fine from it :)

Could you go over your husbandry with us please?
Maybe even a picture of his tank?

What did his daily diet/supplement schedule look like before he started to get sickly?

-Brandon

GemH82":r82oxobn said:
What are the chances of him rallying around and picking up from the enema. We should be able to trust vets!!

I'm really sorry your little Rankins is having such a hard time.

You have a lot going on, and this is just an informational comment based on what we've gone through with our Diamond (who has an abdominal tumor and problems with fighting infections related to that).

Dragons can also be supported with Chinese herbs, and the herbs can especially help to rebuild their digestion and fight infections. We see an exotic animal vet who also does Traditional Chinese Medicion for animals, Dr Eckerman-Ross http://www.avianandexotic.com/the-vets/ . She prescribed Wei-chi booster formula, and it has really helped Diamond a lot. Seriously - Diamond will lap up the Chinese herbs now off the syringe - he likes this formula! https://pettao.com/wei-qi-booster-dog-immunity/ Due to his age, the size of the tumor and his issues with infections, we don't think surgery is a good option, so I'm glad we can keep him more comfortable with the herbs.

Diamond has also gotten acupuncture!
full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry to read this. :( I was hoping your little guy would pull through but the enema was likely just too much for him. I posted 2 links [ there are more if you Google ] on the dangers of enemas but sadly your vet had done it already. Your boy went from healthy + just starting a brumation to death in a short time after the procedure. So sorry this happened and my heart really goes out to you.

GemH82":3fht6pvz said:
He sadly passed away this morning.

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost him. You tried so hard to get him through this, I hope you can find comfort in that and knowing he isn't suffering any longer. What a sweet little dragon.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom