Big male very territorial - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Kevin my big man - free range dragon. He’s 6 years old - in great health - He is extra aggressive territorial - head bobbing, black beard, chasing the cats, running across the room, to chase anything away from his stuff. I take poor Nona out her tank to stretch her legs and get done running around time and he doesn’t even have to see her, he just knows - and bang he’s off bobbing and chasing... he’s obsessed or possessed!! Help!! Will it stop ... ???

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Just his personality...one of mine is like this. I would never let them have contact but otherwise just let him him be. In the wild he would probably be very successful; just because his behavior isnt socially acceptable for humans doesnt mean it is wrong or needs to be fixed. Manage him and keep your others safe. Enjoy him...a pissed off beardie is pretty hillarious.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MCHRKiller":1wisqetj said:
Just his personality...one of mine is like this. I would never let them have contact but otherwise just let him him be. In the wild he would probably be very successful; just because his behavior isnt socially acceptable for humans doesnt mean it is wrong or needs to be fixed. Manage him and keep your others safe. Enjoy him...a pissed off beardie is pretty hillarious.

Too true!! He is hilarious .... he was always a tad territorial especially in the summer - but wow - just never really like this till recently - granted, Nona is a cute little thing that I'm sure he'd like to hump (or kill) - but we'll have none of that behavior in this house thank you very much ... - and he does not like anyone touching his stuff. Its hilarious - one of my cats will be lying down in his area to get some rays from his lights and his throat will puff up and get big and black and runs at them - " mine mine mine" hilarious - I wish I could attach video.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Honestly it could have escalated due to her potentially being fertile at this time...even without direct contact they still know...they also still respond to seasonal changes and wild breeding cycles. I only keep males...2 are chill and 1 is like yours. He has the temperament of a pissed off wet cat 24/7.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KevinsMom33":1fgh25l7 said:
- and he does not like anyone touching his stuff. Its hilarious - one of my cats will be lying down in his area to get some rays from his lights and his throat will puff up and get big and black and runs at them - " mine mine mine" hilarious - I wish I could attach video.
I'd like to see that too!
I gotta ask... what kind of "stuff" does/could a BD have?
  • His enclosure
    His bug bowl
    Some decor item(s) (well, that's really covered under "enclosure")

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'd like to see that too!
I gotta ask... what kind of "stuff" does/could a BD have?
  • His enclosure
    His bug bowl
    Some decor item(s) (well, that's really covered under "enclosure")
[/quote]

Kevin is free range he has a nice set up on a yoga mat in my dining room with lights and rocks and a space heater - his ""stuff" is anything in my living room, dining room and kitchen, or the front door when he's standing guard ... he makes his rounds, chasing the cats away from what he considers his at that moment - then goes to the front door to look outside - even though I put the glass in for the winter, he still does it everyday - don't worry, he gets plenty of UVB under his lights - but he likes to look outside... sometimes he's fine with the cats sleeping under his lights, sometimes he's not....he's Kevin. Its good to be the king.
102444-7155530504.jpg
102444-8046302478.jpg
102444-1835267819.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KevinsMom33":fchzrz15 said:
he's Kevin. Its good to be the king.
Now THAT I get! :laughhard:

That is a really nice setup. The only thing that would give me pause is the poo detail (not a criticism--I just don't have the wherewithal anymore :( ). :roll:

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The only thing that would give me pause is the poo detail (not a criticism--I just don't have the wherewithal anymore :( ). :roll:[/quote]

Amazingly - hes' actually really good about that - usually right on one of his rocks or on the yoga mat - that's why i switched from a rug to the mat - yoga mats clean up easy with wet wipes... :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom