Bubbles During Bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
I read that bubbles from the nose can indicate an upper respiratory infection. However, my dragon only did this in the bathtub, during his bath, blowing a bubble from one nostril (almost like a kid blowing a snot,bubble up and down from the nostril.) The bubble appeared to be only water.

Afterwards he dried off and acted normal, including eating. Beard isn't flared, he's walking and eating and as far as I can tell, no other bubbles, nor any gugrling, wheezing or coughing.

Could he be at risk for an upper respiratory? Does he have water in his lungs? Please help.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

He most likely just got some water up his nose and was removing it how he would naturally, by blowing it out.
Water in the lungs doesnt always mean an RI. Remember a RI is an infection. It doesnt instantly occur from water in the nose or even from water being aspirated. The body has ways to deal with it and it's only when the body is unsuccessful that an RI has a greater chance of developing.

That being said, just keep an eye on him. But usually, they deal with it fine themselves :)

-Brandon

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1s05o6gc said:
Hi there,

He most likely just got some water up his nose and was removing it how he would naturally, by blowing it out.
Water in the lungs doesnt always mean an RI. Remember a RI is an infection. It doesnt instantly occur from water in the nose or even from water being aspirated. The body has ways to deal with it and it's only when the body is unsuccessful that an RI has a greater chance of developing.

That being said, just keep an eye on him. But usually, they deal with it fine themselves :)

-Brandon

Thank you. Is there anything I can do right now? I've read about holding them upside down to let water out (teapotting)?

Also if he does get infected, is it treatable?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He most likely only got a little bit up his nose. He likely got it out or at least the majority of it. Making sure his temperatures are proper is the best thing you can do for now. You can keep his temps around 80 overnight if you're concerned with it. But really, I wouldnt be too concerned :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom