A big THANK YOU to the mods of this site! Shedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
Hi Everyone!
Recently, I posted some strange behavior about my beardie, lethargic, not eating as much and the mods suggested he was shedding. As the days progressed, Drogon got greyer, but I didn't see anything. Today, I came downstairs and someone is finally going to get vibrant colors again :D

A big thank you to the mods and everyone who's been helping me with Drogon. It's awesome to have an online community willing to help :D

106408-9600601550.jpg
Any recommendations since he's shedding or should I leave him alone?
Selkie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,

You can mist or soak Drogon to help ease any discomfort he may be having, and I have a lava rock in each of mine's cages so that if they feel the need to scratch, they can. I have seen them use it and there haven't been any negative consequences, so it's probably safe. Otherwise, just let them have at it and be sure not to help shed along by picking at it. That can cause scale damage.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
Aaradimian":2duh0rfb said:
Hi,

You can mist or soak Drogon to help ease any discomfort he may be having, and I have a lava rock in each of mine's cages so that if they feel the need to scratch, they can. I have seen them use it and there haven't been any negative consequences, so it's probably safe. Otherwise, just let them have at it and be sure not to help shed along by picking at it. That can cause scale damage.

Hi! Thanks for responding!
I think tonight I will just mist his back and tail. I don't wanna disturb him too much since baths aren't his favorite :lol: I have to admit that like a sunburn I want to pick at it, but of course I won't ^_^ I like your avatar lol. That looks like a comfortable hat! :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Glad it all worked out :)
We love to help anyways :)

Shedding is a very natural process to them. While annoying, they know how to do it just fine. You really don't need to do anything to them to help them shed. Unless the area is having some trouble, but usually things go just fine :)

And as tempting as it is, resist the urge to peel at it. It can expose some raw scales that might not have been ready yet. Let it happen naturally :)

-Brandon

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
claudiusx":26txnsks said:
Glad it all worked out :)
We love to help anyways :)

Shedding is a very natural process to them. While annoying, they know how to do it just fine. You really don't need to do anything to them to help them shed. Unless the area is having some trouble, but usually things go just fine :)

And as tempting as it is, resist the urge to peel at it. It can expose some raw scales that might not have been ready yet. Let it happen naturally :)

-Brandon

Thanks for the support :) much appreciated
I tried misting him and gave me a very scolding look -__- so, I will just leave him for now and send a pic when his gorgeous colors come out!

Selkie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looking forward to the after shed picture. Love their colors after a shed :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom