Sunken eyes while brumating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
So I'm almost certain my 4-year-old beardy is in brumation. However, every night around bedtime, his eyes will be sunken in. When he wakes up, his eyes will be normal.
I already know the main cause is dehydration, so I dripped water on his nose and he drank a lot. So instead of dripping a lot on his nose, I just ran him a bath so he can drink on his own.
In the bath, he drank some water and also defecated. His feces was completely normal. After the bath, his eyes were normal. The next day, his eyes were normal. But when bedtime rolled around, his eyes were sunken in again.
His behavior hasn't changed except for being in brumation. His eyes have not been doing this the past years when he went into brumation.

Could his eyes be sunken in because he IS in brumation? Or should I be concerned?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be the way his eyes are when he is relaxed as he ages. Since they return to normal when he is awake it makes me think this may be the case. Can you post some photos of him and his eyes? Has his weight remained relatively stable while he is in brumation? It’s good that you offered water if he was drinking a bit.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely post some pictures for us, just so we can see his physical condition.
Can you tell whether or not he is losing weight at all?

Tracie

celliott303

Original Poster
CooperDragon":307f2vz0 said:
It could just be the way his eyes are when he is relaxed as he ages. Since they return to normal when he is awake it makes me think this may be the case. Can you post some photos of him and his eyes? Has his weight remained relatively stable while he is in brumation? It’s good that you offered water if he was drinking a bit.

Hi, here are the pictures. Both from today. This morning, his eyes were normal, while this evening, his eyes are sunken in.
I have them time stamped so you can see. And his weight has remained the same as it was before he went into brumation.
Please let me know what you think!!
106541-9598691472.jpg
106541-8178481739.jpg

celliott303

Original Poster
Drache613":c13nvfwr said:
Hello,

Definitely post some pictures for us, just so we can see his physical condition.
Can you tell whether or not he is losing weight at all?

Tracie

Hi, I have posted pictures of him in another post. And his weight has remained the same as before he went into brumation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom