All Puffed Up and No Place to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all -

Figment did something really weird last night. He was lying in his hammock, nothing going on, when suddenly he puffed his body up like a balloon and flashed his beard a couple of times. I went over to see what was wrong, and he “deflated” and didn’t flash his beard again. What’s up with that?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I call that the "flex". Sometimes they just do that. As long as his beard wasn't black, I wouldn't worry about it.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ComicBookMama":1kbj427x said:
Figment did something really weird last night. He was lying in his hammock, nothing going on, when suddenly he puffed his body up like a balloon and flashed his beard a couple of times. I went over to see what was wrong, and he “deflated” and didn’t flash his beard again. What’s up with that?
Well...you did name him Figment. :lol:

All of our pets have done weird stuff. They're weird. Was--perchance--the TV on and within his view? An open window? Another animal?

I'm just wondering if he may have seen/heard/smelled something--that we lowly humans would ignore/not notice--that set him off?

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":1577427h said:
ComicBookMama":1577427h said:
Well...you did name him Figment. :lol:

All of our pets have done weird stuff. They're weird. Was--perchance--the TV on and within his view? An open window? Another animal?

I'm just wondering if he may have seen/heard/smelled something--that we lowly humans would ignore/not notice--that set him off?

No, he was facing the back corner of his tank... not even a reflection to react to! Just bare wall. I keep coming back to thinking, “He was half asleep and reacted to a dream!” - but I’ve no clue if that’s even possible... weird indeed! :)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ComicBookMama":kr4l90ba said:
I keep coming back to thinking, “He was half asleep and reacted to a dream!” - but I’ve no clue if that’s even possible... weird indeed! :)
I think the jury's still out on that one, but they have been documented experiencing REM, so mmm... could be.

Australian bearded dragons experience deep sleep, dreams, scientists say

Despite the suggestive title, the opening ¶ actually says, "Research ... indicates the reptiles may dream"

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ComicBookMama":8lxs7er0 said:
I wonder what they dream about?
DW & I had that same discussion. Basking? Eating Num-nums? Pooping? Running away from the giant hand? Sleeping? (Hmmm... Dreaming about sleeping... kinda Inception-esque). :roll:

So far, that's about the limit of Zardoz' 8 week life experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom