Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surgery)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmwyer

Original Poster
Finally got the call!!! She.made it through surgery! They had to breathe for her for a while and she's still intubated, but her heartbeat has been steady and strong through out the procedure. Her eggs were over 50 underdeveloped ones, dr didn't count, but guessed about 50 on one side and 30 on the other. There was some bleeding but they didn't think it was a significant amount of blood loss. Also follicles galore and attached to dangerous areas. But all have been removed and spayed. Liver was enlarged, but could be reversed once she is eating well again. And no signs of peritonitis either! Now she just needs to recover and come home to us. ^_^
They said they will call in the morning and give an update and also call of she's ready to go home tomorrow. Guys, I know she's not out of the woods, but just making it out of surgery okay was what had me sooo worried! I even stayed in town just in case. We hadn't heard anything for hours after they said they were going to do her surgery so I just sat in the mall parking lot for 2 hrs waiting for a call. Then I called and they said they weren't done with other surgeries yet and would call when done, so I figured if something bad had happened they would.go ahead and tell me, so we started home. 20mins into.our drive we got the call. I am already sooo relieved!! Thank you all for your well wishes and hopefully we can bring her home tomorrow! Will give one final update when she's back with us. Thank you all again! ????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is a lot of eggs for sure. Too bad she didn't lay them on her own but I am glad to
hear she came through surgery with success. It sounds like she was just overcome with eggs
& follicles. Spaying was a good idea so she wont have anymore trouble with egg laying.
I am sending thoughts & prayers out for all of you & your precious girl.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Okay, so she's not home yet, but quick update! I called as they didn't call this morning and I got worried. But she's moving around, took some water, they haven't tried feeding yet, but they said she is ready to come home today! I asked about aftercare and got all the info, so now I'm getting her cage ready and all the sand out and my fiance is going to go pick her up later today! They said to call if anything seems off, but she doesn't anticipate anything to go wrong. You all, I am soooo freaking happy right now! This is the best outcome ever! I can't wait to have Spyro home again. I did not sleep well knowing she still had another hurdle to get through. But now I'm focusing on her recovery and I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so very much for your help and support! ????

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so happy for you too. That is great news it sounds like she handled the surgery just fine! :D

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great to hear the positive updates ! Some people put a towel on the floor + take out the basking logs/rocks, then use another towel rolled up to act as a basking platform. She may not need to be fed right away but I would think just some hydration + critical care formula for a few days at least to give her innards a break from any work digesting bugs + tougher food items.

hmwyer

Original Poster
Yes, they kept commenting on the fact that her heartbeat was so steady and strong throughout, so that was a great relief! And I noticed on my print out of charges that my fiance brought home, both vets WERE involved in the surgery. I meant to ask if they could be, but never got to, so I was happy to see that they did work together on it. I kind of wished they would've taken pictures of what they removed fore to see just because I was curious, but hey can't have it all! ? Besides, all I cared about was her making it and she did!
Side note, there was a lovely woman who saw I had a bearded and she was waiting with a rabbit and she asked if she was okay I told her no she was going in for surgery and was egg bound and she was so sad for us and told us she had a Male beardie and she said she would pray for her to make it. I'm not one to pray, only really send out good thoughts/vibes, but even yesterday I was doing some praying. But I was just so touched at her niceness and how she seemed to genuinely mean it too. Faith in humanity restored for the week! ?
Oh, yes I spoke to the vet and she said the carpet and little bed in the tank were just fine. Nothing to climb on for now. She's still a little twitchy in the hands from being under, but it's mostly gone now. She is very active now, which is exciting! She has been scooting on her stomach when she wears herself out. They put a clear bandage on the stitches and it covers her whole stomach, so it's not really hurting anything, but I'll still be keeping an eye on it.
They gave baytril as a precaution and said to keep up with the rest of the liquid calcium and to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! They also said to use the repashy as I have been in a really runny slurry. She sadly hasn't eaten bugs in years unless I snuck them in her mouth, but hopefully that will now change! She gave a big poo today, "very impressive" were the vet's words, so since she's not had a fecal in a while they are testing it. She'll go back in 6-8 weeks to get the stitches removed! :D

hmwyer

Original Poster
Hey, guys! Scary update and idk what to do! Called the vet, but they've all left for the night. Spyro is either scooting on her stomach or walking sooo high her legs are fully extended and her stomach is like 3 inches off the ground. Well, just now I was getting her slurry ready in her room and looked away one second and she flipped over! In the middle of her tank, nothing to climb on at all. I think she went to walk, stretched so high and maybe got a pain or twitch and lost balance and flipped. She obviously couldn't right herself and I just screamed and ran to her. I'm going to be at work all day tomorrow and only home on lunch for about 30mins. I have no idea how to help her. I hope maybe she learned her lesson on.mvping so quickly and so high, but idk.....ugh....I'm sorry I keep making this thread longer. I just didn't see a point to make a new one when this one already has everything and people are watching it.
She's not on any pain meds btw. So it's not that. Idk. Ugh...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hmmm. Hopefully it won't happen again but is there any way you could take her with you ? Or have a trusted friend that you could leave her with ?

hmwyer

Original Poster
Yeah, I think I may take her to work with me. She'll only have a heating pad and no UVB, but it'll be fine for a day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is probably just feeling a little bit of pain & not sure how to get around with the
discomfort. Poor girl! Is her beard regular color or is it darker than normal?
Did you take her to work with you today, or are you taking her to work with you on
Friday then?
She has stitches so they have to feel a little strange for her right now. I hope she is
doing better!

Tracie

hmwyer

Original Poster
Oh. Yes she is visibly uncomfortable for sure. And I get the faint clear bandaid on her tummy doesn't help! But I took her to work with me today. On lunch now so brought her home for 30mins of basking time and meds.
Also, the beard is something that's odd.....I thought it was just from surgery or anesthesia or something, but it's still like it. The right side of her beard like under he ear is black. Like just a nickel sized section is black. Nothing else. Is that cause for concern??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom