Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House! - New Pics

Welcome to my journal for my crew! This will be the thread I post all my pictures and updates in regards to my crew! This is going to be like a journal of sorts. A tool I can use to look back on and see how I was doing things, and important events that have occurred for my crew! I really like being able to go back and look at things like that.

To start off with, since all my dragons had a thread previously, they will all get their own post under this to kind of catch up to where things are right now.

A bit about me (EDIT: Ok it's a lot about me now..)

I've had dragons for almost 20 years now. My first dragon was named Shredder. Information was so scarce back then, and I was so inexperienced, Shredder didn't last long under my care. He was housed on walnut shell, typical petstore setup (you think they are bad nowadays, think back 20 years ago) and I honestly don't remember much else about how i cared for him besides the fact that I had grown attached to him. After shredder died, I dedicated a good portion of my free time to learning about dragons. I knew I wanted another, but I didn't want him to suffer the same fate. I read, I learned, I talked to other owners that I would meet at petstores. I read every caresheet I could find online. I even talked breeders ears off when they'd let me. I got another dragon eventually, Hawk. And then another, Buttercup. Then I rescued Scorpio. And shortly after that, I saw a runt in a petstore that I bought, Rusty. For awhile, this was my crew. They all lived for 5 or 6 years. Their care wasn't perfect, but it was better and I was learning and growing as a dragon keeper.

One day the petstore owner and I were talking, and he wanted to give me his dragon. He didn't want to take care of her anymore. I had never taken in an adult dragon. I had always only had babies that I raised myself. I wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to stay in good with the petstore owner (this came into play massively a few years later)
So, now I have a 3 year old dragon, who I named Naughtica. Her name is based on Naussica, a character from a movie (she was the start to how I name all of the rest of my future dragons, after hayo Miyazaki film characters). Around the same time I got an adult Male, Spyro. I don't remember exactly how I got him, but I believe also from a friend I had met at the petstore. He was trying to produce white dragons (back then they were basically unheard of, and light grey hypos were the closest most people had gotten to that) and spyro was a light-grey hypo.

Naughtica and spyro were the only two dragons I had for a few years now. Around this time is when I also found this website, and my knowledge, care, and love for this hobby grew immensely. I loved being surrounded by people who understood. I loved being able to talk dragons all day long if I wanted. And I loved being able to help people. Obviously in the beginning, it was me being helped. But I soaked it all up like a sponge. I loved it.

Eventually I decided I wanted to breed. So, Naughtica and Spyro were put together for a week. And, it was successful. It was honestly a lot of fun, it was scary, but it was rewarding. Coming home that one day and seeing that a few hatched was one of the happiest moments of my life. I was so filled with joy and excitement.
But now a new learning curve. Caring for around 20 baby hatchlings. And it was a learning curve for sure. I was not at all prepared for how much they eat. I wasn't prepared to separate ones that started to get picked on. For that reason some lost parts of tails, some lost toes. One even completely lost a foot. But, i grew and I learned with later clutches.

Remember wanting to stay in good with the petshop owner? It came into play now. His shop was how I was able to sell my babies. It was either just my town, or the time, but he basically couldn't keep dragons in stock. Worked out great for me, and great for him. I had a solid consistent place to sell my babies to, and he had a reliable person to buy from.

I only did that for about two seasons before life changed and breeding as a hobby was no longer a viable thing to do. Spyro had died a year or two later. I really don't know how old he was.

But Naughtica was going strong. And a few more years passed and I had bought Kiki. I had always had a thing for red trans, and Kiki was the perfect girl to fit that bill. I had gotten over breeding and just wanted a dragon or two of the "higher end" morphs to enjoy. By this time I was very active on this site, and Naughtica and Kiki both had their own threads here (I will link to later). So did Calcifer, a uromastyx that I had bought from that same petshop I used to sell to. Naughtica was getting pretty old at this point. But, my care and knowledge had grown so much that I knew she was gonna be with me for the long haul, and that's what I was hoping out of kiki and calcifer. These three were my new crew. I was happy with everything I had.

Long story short, life got in the way again, and my crew had to be put under someone elses care. They were entrusted to my family. Unfortunately, that didn't work out well at all. And I feel awful. They were not taken care of properly. They eventually all passed. Naughtica was around 12 I believe. And I have no doubts she would have lived even longer if she were to have been under my care, I just wasn't able to.

It took me a long time to feel like I could get back into this hobby. One thing never left me, and that was my love for this hobby, and my love for these creatures, and my love for talking anyones ear off about them that will let me.

And here we are today.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Tombo is an overachiever on the scale, it's like he knows about gravity and how more weight might make it seem like he falls faster during his escapes. He is probably planning another one

Mei has really neat light keeled scales. I like those light tips. Also sounds funny how she wants to be in control of her feet. My Devlyn is like that, not fan of being picked up, but beind held or given the floor to roam around is okay

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
DorgEndo":1fex9snc said:
Tombo is an overachiever on the scale, it's like he knows about gravity and how more weight might make it seem like he falls faster during his escapes. He is probably planning another one

Mei has really neat light keeled scales. I like those light tips. Also sounds funny how she wants to be in control of her feet. My Devlyn is like that, not fan of being picked up, but beind held or given the floor to roam around is okay

Lol how does Tombo escape ? I was watching Netflix with Yeti and for some reason she decided to run randomly . Oh what panic I felt lol. I have so man art supplies in my room and lots of places she can hide. That definitely scared me lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":lbicnw60 said:
Haha, Too funny. His growth slowed a bit this month actually. He's been in a semi brumation. None of my dragons have ever gone through a full brumation, it's always semi brumations like this where they hide most of the day or for a few days at a time. His appetite isn't where it used to be. Moro has that appetite now it seems.
I'm gonna have to watch out for his next escape, you're probably on to something. He's just acting like he's sleepy... to through me off guard... :lol:

Tasnene":lbicnw60 said:
Lol how does Tombo escape ?
When we were having a bit of a heat wave (85-90 in California LOL) a month or so back, I was leaving his glass doors slightly open. Only like an inch or so to allow better air flow so his tank wouldn't get too hot. Well this slippery snake somehow managed to fit his fat body through the gap on 2 different occasions! LOL.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
So, my daughter is about 15 months old now. She loves coming into the "dragon room". She will sit right in front of the tanks on my lap and stare at them. And she loves going over to the bug closet too. She seems fascinated by them.
Well, she's seen me rip up collard greens enough times that she has started to do it herself. She grabbed the leaf right out of my hand and started trying to rip pieces off for me. She's done this in the past but she didn't really know how to, she would always give me little microscopic pieces. But something clicked with her tonight and she started doing it. Eventually, she noticed the pieces she was giving me were just going right into the tanks, so she cut out the middle man and started putting them in the tanks herself LOL!

Here she is feeding Suki. Sorry for blurry pictures. When cuteness happens it's hard to get the camera out LOL.
31715-8330784710.jpg
31715-3917317940.jpg
31715-3523029788.jpg
31715-8195170909.jpg

She was so cute. Sometimes she would miss dropping the leaf on the plate, and she would pick it back up and try to drop it on the plate again LOL.

Makes a daddy proud :D

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
claudiusx":3fdx9h4c said:
So, my daughter is about 15 months old now. She loves coming into the "dragon room". She will sit right in front of the tanks on my lap and stare at them. And she loves going over to the bug closet too. She seems fascinated by them.
Well, she's seen me rip up collard greens enough times that she has started to do it herself. She grabbed the leaf right out of my hand and started trying to rip pieces off for me. She's done this in the past but she didn't really know how to, she would always give me little microscopic pieces. But something clicked with her tonight and she started doing it. Eventually, she noticed the pieces she was giving me were just going right into the tanks, so she cut out the middle man and started putting them in the tanks herself LOL!

Here she is feeding Suki. Sorry for blurry pictures. When cuteness happens it's hard to get the camera out LOL.
31715-8330784710.jpg
31715-3917317940.jpg
31715-3523029788.jpg
31715-8195170909.jpg

She was so cute. Sometimes she would miss dropping the leaf on the plate, and she would pick it back up and try to drop it on the plate again LOL.

Makes a daddy proud :D

-Brandon

Awwwwww I can’t that is soooo cuuute ! Best pictures of the night.... and she doesn’t mind the bugs lol I have to admit I’m still get a little nervous when I have to feed those dubia roaches

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Brandon!

Very cute, that is so adorable. :D
I bet that made your day. I hope your gang is doing well!

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Tasnene":2gv7ppqb said:
Awwwwww I can’t that is soooo cuuute ! Best pictures of the night.... and she doesn’t mind the bugs lol I have to admit I’m still get a little nervous when I have to feed those dubia roaches
Drache613":2gv7ppqb said:
Hello Brandon!

Very cute, that is so adorable.

Tracie
vrenee1018":2gv7ppqb said:
Absolutely adorable. Suki is looking at her like, "Who are you, you small tiny human?!" Hahaha

Vanessa

Thanks all! :mrgreen:
She's at a cute age right now. It's fun seeing her develop day by day. Much to her mothers dismay, into a lizard girl! LOL

Every time I open up the roach bin, or show her the worms, she goes "ooooooo" in a kind of wow sense of the word lol.

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
claudiusx":2cib1dko said:
Tasnene":2cib1dko said:
Drache613":2cib1dko said:
Hello Brandon!

Very cute, that is so adorable.

Tracie
vrenee1018":2cib1dko said:
Absolutely adorable. Suki is looking at her like, "Who are you, you small tiny human?!" Hahaha
Well she will not be grossed out by bugs later on then
Vanessa

Thanks all! :mrgreen:
She's at a cute age right now. It's fun seeing her develop day by day. Much to her mothers dismay, into a lizard girl! LOL

Every time I open up the roach bin, or show her the worms, she goes "ooooooo" in a kind of wow sense of the word lol.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yup, she's her daddies daughter for sure lol.

Quick crew update... Followed by a big crew update....

Caught Suki the other day looking like an elephant seal.
31715-6773965866.jpg
31715-4511587964.jpg
Her face almost even looks like she just said "did you really just call me fat?"
LOL

I was trying to get a picture of her belly because it still has hints of blue to it, which is pretty uncommon for trans dragons that are her age as far as im aware.
31715-9680697945.jpg
Camera doesn't do it justice due to the lighting in the tank, but it's interesting.

Got a lazy Tombo picture too!
31715-3839772418.jpg

One of Mei
31715-6606774567.jpg

And Moro, in her favorite spot.
31715-5089563755.jpg
"Go AWAY!"
31715-7958521726.jpg

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
My new girl arrived today! She is from Josh D and is about 8 weeks old. So we are going to call her hatch date October 15th 2019 :)

She is a hypotrans leather phantom stripe. As far as im aware, the phantom stripe is also called the color stripe, but since Josh D seemingly created it, color stripes that come from him are called phantom stripes. I may be wrong in that but anyways, that's what causes the red lines down her spine, and down the sides of her belly where her belly spikes would be.
Here is spaceship she arrived in :D And her first look at her new daddy. She doesn't look too thrilled, but at least I'm not getting the evil eye :D
full

full

So far she is very calm and ok with being handled. Although they typically are after being shipped, and they get a bit more wild once they settle in and get over the shipping stress.

full

full

full

I left her be in her new tank for about 2 hours and tried my luck with some food. She ate 5 mealworms pretty readily so at least she has some food in her now :)
I'm going to enjoy this phase with her where she is super mellow and sweet. Hopefully this is how she actually is, but if not, I will enjoy while it lasts LOL.

Oh, and no name picked out yet. I'd like to get to know her a bit before deciding.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
The Crew looks amazing as always. And I swear, every time I see Moro, I can't help but wonder if her and Tampi were twins in their past life. Not that they look alike, but their mannerisms are sooooo similar! Hahaha It's awesome. Have you put up an Xmas tree yet and let them all explore it?

Looking forward to another update!

Vanessa

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom