Wund on this tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had Neb out of Enclosure when I came home from work because he is going crazy right now while he is going through puberty. He is running and jumping around light crazy in the enclosure and trying to climbing up the glass and now I just seen this.
He got a basking platform which isn’t right against the glass and I think this tail got caught there, while he went crazy again in this Enclosure.
I going to do daily bath with Betadine and been putting on Antibiotics cream on his tail. I took stuff out of his enclosure where his tail could get stuck on but he goes crazy in there and climbs on the sides. I will take him to the Vet to get it checked. The wund is just at the top it isn’t a deep one from what I can see. It isn’t bleeding. Will he lose the end of his tail?? What else can I do in the mean time before I can get him to the vet??

https://ibb.co/T2Q6jwx
https://ibb.co/gW9p3Gv

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I am not a veterinarian, but that looks to me like a broken tail. Did you advise your veterinarian of that? Is s/he a reptile veterinarian? If not, this post can help you locate one close to you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn’t look good. Try to keep it clean to prevent infection. Plain neosporin may help. People have seen good results using raw/unpasteurized honey on wounds too so that may be worth a try. Definitely get him in to see a good vet though since this may need advanced treatment. With that I think he will be OK in the long run once that heals up. Just need to prevent infection.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree,

Keep it clean so an infection doesn't set in. Raw honey does wonders for that. Just make sure no bugs are left in the tank that would be attracted to the honey.

Most likely will need a vet to amputate it right above the break. But keeping it clean and free of infection is number 1 priority.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom