Possible beginnings of tail rot?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Possible beginnings of tail rot?

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:44 am

Hello!

I’m new to owning a bearded dragon or any reptile for that matter. I’ve had my beardie for almost a month, we’ve had some feeding issues that I’m currently working on. I made a post on Beardie ER. Yesterday, I noticed the very tip of his tail is black. Not sure if this is tail rot? Here are some pics from today.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
PathfinderMom91
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Possible beginnings of tail rot?

Postby AHBD » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:02 am

Nope, little one's tail is good. :) Whenever you see anything different it's good to chronicle it though , so do keep an eye on any new or spreading discoloration.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby PathfinderMom91 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:11 pm

AHBD wrote:Nope, little one's tail is good. :) Whenever you see anything different it's good to chronicle it though , so do keep an eye on any new or spreading discoloration.

Thank you! I was just worried because the very tip was black.
PathfinderMom91
Newbie Poster

Postby fcooper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:29 am

Most dragons have tails that get a little darker at the end, I would say you don't have anything to worry about. You should only be worried if your dragon has had a couple of sheds that have gotten "stuck" - tail rot is caused by unshed skin restricting blood flow and causing tissue death.
93.7% of all Bearded Dragon owners make one of these 37 deadly mistakes which are unintentionally, but slowly & surely torturing their beloved Bearded Dragons to death.
http://bit.ly/beardeddragonsecret
fcooper
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Just keep an eye on the dark area at the very tip. If that doesn’t change or expand then it shouldn’t be a problem. If it starts to look shriveled and move up the tail let us know and probably see a vet.
CooperDragon

Postby Gingerofthenight » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 am

to me it just looks like the coloration but keep an eye on it if it starts to shrivel up then it might be tail rot
Gingerofthenight
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health