!Bearded dragon bit off but spat out a leaf from a bad plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiRRRR

My bearded dragon, Pablo bit a piece of a Pointsettia leaf off and then spat it out, I do not believe he swallowed much but he did bite a green leaf if that helps. I found a list of poisonous plants on a website called reptilemagazine.com, the Pointsettia was one of them. Please help, I need to know if I should rush him to the vet or not?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, he obviously did not like it!
Is his beard black at all? Do you have or can you get some activated charcoal?
If so, give a small pinch of that, mixed with a couple of mililiters of water. I can get you
exact dosing of charcoal if you need.
You can also make a greens slurry to help detoxify his system if needed. Make it out of
parsley, cilantro, mint & basil blended up with cherry juice & water.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I’m not sure how toxic those are. If it wasn’t ingested then it may be OK. Possibly the sap could cause some irritation so keep an eye out for that. If you have activated charcoal on hand it’s a good idea to administer some of that quickly to help absorb any toxins that have entered the gi tract as mentioned.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How's he doing today?

I agree, since he spat it out he most likely will be fine :) But it's always better safe than sorry.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom