Help mount UVB inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarr95

Hello everyone, I need to mount my uvb bulb inside the tank. I current have these:

TERRARIUM:
Exo-Terra 36x18x18 large 40 gallon terrarium

UVB:
Zilla dessert heat 18" slimline fixture -> Reptisun 10.0 UVB 18" T8

The only problem is, I was going to poke holes in the mesh top and use zip ties; however, I am worried about stressing the mesh and causing it to bend and fall out. I also was told to use 3M tape... but taping a light fixture scares the bajeezus out of me. If it falls and hurts my baby I will cry...

Here is a picture of the terrarium setup.

https://imgur.com/a/FPDwhao

Hello! I have a 24” and I used command heavy duty strips, works great! I also was terrified to use them, so I am constantly making sure it’s still snug! And it is!!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I was also pretty nervous about mounting the fixture inside the tank, so I got some heavy duty velcro strips rated for a far higher weight than a li'l old lighting fixture and used those to affix the light to the back wall of the hab. So far, so good - I do spot checks to make sure the adhesive is still good and adhered, but three months in and it hasn't budged a bit.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
ComicBookMama":1yb9z2wy said:
I was also pretty nervous about mounting the fixture inside the tank, so I got some heavy duty velcro strips rated for a far higher weight than a li'l old lighting fixture and used those to affix the light to the back wall of the hab. So far, so good - I do spot checks to make sure the adhesive is still good and adhered, but three months in and it hasn't budged a bit.
I like the 3M command strips for removability, but I agree - the adhesive on velcro strips tends to be industrial strength, and if the velcro is also heavy-duty, you shouldbe all good. You could also use a combination of either command strips or velcro, sbd a bit of picture or other thin, strong wire for backup/peace of mind. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom