First Good Bath :) share your baby firsts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

I'm a new beardie owner and my baby's name is Drogon! He is an inquisitive and curious little guy with a very sweet disposition. We had our first successful bath tonight :) Drogon was a little timid to sit upto his elbows, but simply sad in my hand while I gently rubbed a cloth over him and trickled water over his head and back. Can they get ear infections if water goes in? >__> Just being a paranoid mom.

Then he dried off on my arm and kept looking at me while I sang to him ^_^ I love being a bearded dragon owner. It's a lot of work but man, it's rewarding to see an animal thrive after it came from neglectful conditions! I'll post some cute pics soon.

Anyone have any fun firsts or bath stories? :)

Selkie

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn is very good at taking a bath. She isn't a fan of water per say, but she is a fan of being clean and getting shed skin off quickly.

I'll use a small cup to pour water over her head, she closes her eyes lifting her head letting water drip off her face. I have a video of pouring water on her, then I stop to scritch her, she turns around to give me a disapproving look, she wanted water not a head scritch! She lets me use a soft toothbrush on her scales, even her head. I've tried to upload videos but the file sizes are too big. Beardie baths are fun

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
DorgEndo":1ji7u7zz said:
Devlyn is very good at taking a bath. She isn't a fan of water per say, but she is a fan of being clean and getting shed skin off quickly.

I'll use a small cup to pour water over her head, she closes her eyes lifting her head letting water drip off her face. I have a video of pouring water on her, then I stop to scritch her, she turns around to give me a disapproving look, she wanted water not a head scritch! She lets me use a soft toothbrush on her scales, even her head. I've tried to upload videos but the file sizes are too big. Beardie baths are fun

Awww that's adorable :)

My guy is sweet, but super fussy about things like food and even bathing. I just gave him another bath today since he made a bit of a wet poo today and after five minutes he's like NOPE DONE *JUMP!* but he loves when I make a bearrudio out of him xD

106408-202152250.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
View media item 60767 This was Loki's first time experiencing the beach.
View media item 60913 And This was Cisco's first time Experiencing the beach too. Ignore the Text on that photo, they're both from last year.

View media item 61047 This was Rocket's first time Exploring his home.

View media item 60860 Rocket's first Bath.

View media item 60622View media item 60439Rocket's First time outside.

View media item 60727 Rocket's first Christmas.

View media item 61062 Rocket's first time trying a blackberry.

I have a lot of 'firsts' with Rocket. I was a total new mom recording everything as he was my first ever baby Beardie. He's now not so little anymore lol.

View media item 60844 And this was Phoenix's first time being in a blanket.

View media item 60879 Phoenix's First time trying egg, Did NOT go so well. (Back then she had an irrational fear of yellow apparently).

View media item 60662 First time on a Hammock.

View media item 60947 First time exploring her new tank.

View media item 61151 And Phoenix's first time discovering what fish are.

View media item 61022 and Daisy's first Easter with us.

View media item 60770 and Loki and Daisy's first Christmas with us.

Sorry for the pic dump! Lol

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
HippieLizards":vfgkf0vg said:
View media item 60913 And This was Cisco's first time Experiencing the beach too. Ignore the Text on that photo, they're both from last year.

I have a lot of 'firsts' with Rocket. I was a total new mom recording everything as he was my first ever baby Beardie. He's now not so little anymore lol.

View media item 60879 Phoenix's First time trying egg, Did NOT go so well. (Back then she had an irrational fear of yellow apparently).

This is awesome!! I had no idea beardies can go to the beach :) We have a lot of hawks here and Drogon is skittish, So I open the window for him occasionally!

Your beardie family is adorable! :)

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-5304195085.jpg
First picture I ever took of Devlyn on the car ride home. Put my hand on her to help keep her warm

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
DorgEndo":13r53rvz said:
103228-5304195085.jpg
First picture I ever took of Devlyn on the car ride home. Put my hand on her to help keep her warm

How sweet!
At least your beardie was transported correctly. The guy who sold Drogon to me brought him over in the tank, open with no heat V__V he looked like a mess.
Now, he's thriving :)

Selkie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Selkie1993":o21gehl9 said:
HippieLizards":o21gehl9 said:

This is awesome!! I had no idea beardies can go to the beach :) We have a lot of hawks here and Drogon is skittish, So I open the window for him occasionally!

Your beardie family is adorable! :)
It was a one time thing, Certainly risky but if you are careful enough the dragons did seem to really enjoy it, but would I do it again? Nah. Too risky.

and Thanks! I Love my little crew. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom