Baby rankins dragon really sick please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well yes he is a Rankin's so that's good to have cleared up. Most people are mistaken when they think theirs is but your shop was truthful. He is about adult size so can go in to brumation, and he's very healthy weight . You can still feed him a bit but if he wants to sleep some you can let him. He looks older than 5 months, close to adult size. Is the bottom pic from when he was younger ?

GemH82

Original Poster
Yes the top pic is the most recent. He was so small when we bought him in July. I've attached a pic. Going by what the shop said about his age when he got him and I've looked back at dates he would actually be about 7.5 months, sorry!!. He's just eaten another 0.5ml of mashed food.
106609-4723376283.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How's he doing tonight ? He looks very healthy, I think he's probably just gong in to a seasonal slow down and he's doing just fine. :)

GemH82

Original Poster
Yesterday he didnt move much from where he slept. He woke up about 3.30pm and got onto his log then went to sleep again.
Ipp wake him and offer food again today. Would he do that at 7 and a half months old or is it a it too young? I'll take a picture of him today so you can let me know if you still think he looks healthy. I'm not sure if I should always be waking him and dressing him out. The day he came our for 3 feeds his breathing was heavy mist of the day. He looked much more chilled yesterday even thighs was asleep all day. I didnt touch him yesterday and today I'll try to feed him in his viv. I bought some critical care food to try.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is definitely a Rankins, very cute indeed.
So he is slowing down to brumate? This happens during the wintertime, most of them do
that this time of year.
He does look very healthy though & his colors are good also. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, just let him be. The waking + feeding will stress him and it can also cause him to aspirate food since he's not fully awake and may not swallow as he should.

GemH82

Original Poster
Do you think he looks ok? Do you ever wake them and offer food or water? He is so young, I'm still really worried about him. I cant see to load the close up of him! I'll try again later.
106609-6258793622.jpg

GemH82

Original Poster
Ok leaving him wasnt good. I woke him and weighed him and hes lost 6g in the last 4 days! I've contacted another reptile vet who's over an hour away and we are heading down there soon. Fingers crossed for him :-(.
I've fed him some critical care food and he lapped it up!

GemH82

Original Poster
Hi everyone, we saw a vet and they think he has a fungal infection on his mouth. He is now only 52g and is refusing to eat. He has critical care formula and anti-fungal from vet but need to wait for swap results.
He is still very sick. The inside of his mouth is bright yellow. Does anyone have any idea what it could be or how I can help him more?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. Hopefully the tests will reveal something conclusive and treatment can go from there. Which med is he on now? Voriconazole/Itraconazole? Some of them have naturally yellow mouths so that in itself doesn't indicate a problem. Hopefully he will eat the critical care and keep his weight/energy up and keep him hydrated. If his mouth is bothering him then the soft food should be a bit easier to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom