Help mount UVB inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncarr95

Hello everyone, I need to mount my uvb bulb inside the tank. I current have these:

TERRARIUM:
Exo-Terra 36x18x18 large 40 gallon terrarium

UVB:
Zilla dessert heat 18" slimline fixture -> Reptisun 10.0 UVB 18" T8

The only problem is, I was going to poke holes in the mesh top and use zip ties; however, I am worried about stressing the mesh and causing it to bend and fall out. I also was told to use 3M tape... but taping a light fixture scares the bajeezus out of me. If it falls and hurts my baby I will cry...

Here is a picture of the terrarium setup.

https://imgur.com/a/FPDwhao

Hello! I have a 24” and I used command heavy duty strips, works great! I also was terrified to use them, so I am constantly making sure it’s still snug! And it is!!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I was also pretty nervous about mounting the fixture inside the tank, so I got some heavy duty velcro strips rated for a far higher weight than a li'l old lighting fixture and used those to affix the light to the back wall of the hab. So far, so good - I do spot checks to make sure the adhesive is still good and adhered, but three months in and it hasn't budged a bit.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
ComicBookMama":1yb9z2wy said:
I was also pretty nervous about mounting the fixture inside the tank, so I got some heavy duty velcro strips rated for a far higher weight than a li'l old lighting fixture and used those to affix the light to the back wall of the hab. So far, so good - I do spot checks to make sure the adhesive is still good and adhered, but three months in and it hasn't budged a bit.
I like the 3M command strips for removability, but I agree - the adhesive on velcro strips tends to be industrial strength, and if the velcro is also heavy-duty, you shouldbe all good. You could also use a combination of either command strips or velcro, sbd a bit of picture or other thin, strong wire for backup/peace of mind. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom