Help mount UVB inside

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Help mount UVB inside

Postby ncarr95 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Hello everyone, I need to mount my uvb bulb inside the tank. I current have these:

TERRARIUM:
Exo-Terra 36x18x18 large 40 gallon terrarium

UVB:
Zilla dessert heat 18" slimline fixture -> Reptisun 10.0 UVB 18" T8

The only problem is, I was going to poke holes in the mesh top and use zip ties; however, I am worried about stressing the mesh and causing it to bend and fall out. I also was told to use 3M tape... but taping a light fixture scares the bajeezus out of me. If it falls and hurts my baby I will cry...

Here is a picture of the terrarium setup.

https://imgur.com/a/FPDwhao
ncarr95
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Help mount UVB inside

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 pm

You can try picture wire hanger
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Obriennicole » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Hello! I have a 24” and I used command heavy duty strips, works great! I also was terrified to use them, so I am constantly making sure it’s still snug! And it is!!
Obriennicole
Newbie Poster

Postby ComicBookMama » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:43 pm

I was also pretty nervous about mounting the fixture inside the tank, so I got some heavy duty velcro strips rated for a far higher weight than a li'l old lighting fixture and used those to affix the light to the back wall of the hab. So far, so good - I do spot checks to make sure the adhesive is still good and adhered, but three months in and it hasn't budged a bit.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:04 am

ComicBookMama wrote:I was also pretty nervous about mounting the fixture inside the tank, so I got some heavy duty velcro strips rated for a far higher weight than a li'l old lighting fixture and used those to affix the light to the back wall of the hab. So far, so good - I do spot checks to make sure the adhesive is still good and adhered, but three months in and it hasn't budged a bit.

I like the 3M command strips for removability, but I agree - the adhesive on velcro strips tends to be industrial strength, and if the velcro is also heavy-duty, you shouldbe all good. You could also use a combination of either command strips or velcro, sbd a bit of picture or other thin, strong wire for backup/peace of mind. :0)
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures