Never ending lightening issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I can not seem to get this right! Ok so I’m hoping I can get some answers regarding what I’m doing wrong!! Here is Null’s 75 gallon house, I recently bought the 24” t5 reptism light and mounted it under neath, the other side has a dual basking/uvb bulb that came in a kit I initially purchased. I have no idea what the watts are for that one, but the house seems so dark and I can not get the temps correct! Under the basking side the temps range from 95-105 and under the 24” uvb light 80-90 But they are never consistent! I have an 100 watt emmit ceramic heater for the cooler side, just trying to get the temps correct, sometimes I have to turn it off because it’s too warm on the cool side! Another question I have is, is it ok alto have the 24” uvb on The opposite end of the basking spot? he seems to spend most of his time under the uvb, any ideas why? I thought about getting a small strip led (Battery operated) to give the tank some additional lightening, any thoughts on that as well?? Help me, help me!!
106492-8595819771.jpg
106492-7374885329.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes the UVB is fine on the other side he will go to what light he needs to -- you dont need the heat emitter on unless your tank falls below 60 at nite --- you can move your basking light over to the UVB side if you like and use a regular household bulb NO LED for light on the cool side of tank-- as long as your cool side of tank is 80 your good - I would use decor to give Null a different gradient for basking like a log w/ different places to sit on --- I see everyone uses hammocks in their tanks and I dont use them at all --- I use logs and a rock/cave in Hiccups tank w/ a platform / cave --- all came from Petsmart - Blaze pretty much has the same set up as Hiccups w/ out the rock/cave cuz I could not find it again ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom