First Good Bath :) share your baby firsts!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

First Good Bath :) share your baby firsts!

Postby Selkie1993 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi Guys!

I'm a new beardie owner and my baby's name is Drogon! He is an inquisitive and curious little guy with a very sweet disposition. We had our first successful bath tonight :) Drogon was a little timid to sit upto his elbows, but simply sad in my hand while I gently rubbed a cloth over him and trickled water over his head and back. Can they get ear infections if water goes in? >__> Just being a paranoid mom.

Then he dried off on my arm and kept looking at me while I sang to him ^_^ I love being a bearded dragon owner. It's a lot of work but man, it's rewarding to see an animal thrive after it came from neglectful conditions! I'll post some cute pics soon.

Anyone have any fun firsts or bath stories? :)

Selkie
Selkie
Selkie1993
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: First Good Bath :) share your baby firsts!

Postby DorgEndo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:19 am

Devlyn is very good at taking a bath. She isn't a fan of water per say, but she is a fan of being clean and getting shed skin off quickly.

I'll use a small cup to pour water over her head, she closes her eyes lifting her head letting water drip off her face. I have a video of pouring water on her, then I stop to scritch her, she turns around to give me a disapproving look, she wanted water not a head scritch! She lets me use a soft toothbrush on her scales, even her head. I've tried to upload videos but the file sizes are too big. Beardie baths are fun
DorgEndo
Hatchling Poster

Re: First Good Bath :) share your baby firsts!

Postby Selkie1993 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 am

DorgEndo wrote:Devlyn is very good at taking a bath. She isn't a fan of water per say, but she is a fan of being clean and getting shed skin off quickly.

I'll use a small cup to pour water over her head, she closes her eyes lifting her head letting water drip off her face. I have a video of pouring water on her, then I stop to scritch her, she turns around to give me a disapproving look, she wanted water not a head scritch! She lets me use a soft toothbrush on her scales, even her head. I've tried to upload videos but the file sizes are too big. Beardie baths are fun

Awww that's adorable :)

My guy is sweet, but super fussy about things like food and even bathing. I just gave him another bath today since he made a bit of a wet poo today and after five minutes he's like NOPE DONE *JUMP!* but he loves when I make a bearrudio out of him xD

[Click image to enlarge]
Selkie
Selkie1993
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales