Exoterra or thrive desert kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit short on money for a new tank and I’ve seen the thrive desert essential 40 gallon ( measurements are 36x18x18 which is basically 50 gallon). Or should I just save up for the exoterra 50 gallon. Thrives price was $189 and exoterra was $230. The thrive comes with 2 lamps, a hide, some water dishes and a branch. The only thing that detoured me from thrives was if it was as reliable as exoterra. I would appreciate if you guys leave experiences or reviews of any of the two tanks. Greatly appreciate it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Natural Terrarium Large/Tall
90 x 45 x 60 cm / 36” x 18” x 24” (WxDxH)
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/natural_terrarium_large.php
Look at this tank --- you are wasting money on the lamps --- more that likely you will not use one of them because its going to be a coil and a thrive one --- I have noticed this brand and would not recommend it at this time --- you need to go w/ what we know works and you do not want a coil UVB --- you need a tube ---
Karrie

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
KarrieRee":whfb6z9x said:
Look at this tank --- you are wasting money on the lamps --- more that likely you will not use one of them because its going to be a coil and a thrive one --- I have noticed this brand and would not recommend it at this time --- you need to go w/ what we know works and you do not want a coil UVB --- you need a tube ---
Karrie
What type of watt would you have to use for that tank. I have a 100 watt currently.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well it is trial and error w/ bulbs-- if the room your putting him in is warm you might get away w/ the 100 watt if its a cold room I would start w/ the 100 and if its not keeping your basking temps at 95-105 for an adult or 105-110 for a baby you will need to adjust -- you can change decor around etc....
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Neither …. most the stuff that comes in these petshop kits is worthless or very much inadequate ==> you immediately have to upgrade .

Don't take any advise from petshops .

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":2f0a3isq said:
Karrie

I wouldn't touch a Thrive brand UV source with a barge pole …. guaranteed to be very bad quality producing a very poor UV spectrum .

If the tank has a mesh lid …. walk away , don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom