Oh boy new baby new problems . Won’t eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Marline is also in shed; her head (finally) started to split/shed, with her back showing signs of also giving up the old skin! We mist her every day, sometimes twice a day, to keep her skin pliable and more easy to shed.

She eats a lot, and I would imagine yours would as well.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeti is so dramatic she does not like the mist, when I do it she runs then stares at me lol. It’s a very light mist spray bottle I’m using too.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tasnene":opqk9nzw said:
Yeti is so dramatic she does not like the mist, when I do it she runs then stares at me lol. It’s a very light mist spray bottle I’m using too.

Do you like icey cold showers ?

Make sure the water in the misting spray bottle is warmed ( about 30 degC ) and the dragon will actually then enjoy.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you guys put Zoo Med Reptisafe Reptile Water Conditioner during baths and water misting ? Or am I being a bit dramatic? I’m not sure if I’ve been fit by youtube and the pet store.

We're starting to veer off-topic a bit; but since water is quite often ingested when misting our dragons:

I use bottled water, poured into the misting bottle, with the nozzle down tight to its finest pattern. I leave the bottle next to her terrarium, so the water is at room temperature or a bit higher. When we mist Marline, she loves it. I don't put anything in the water because she also drinks it off her head.

All lizards are different. Yours may not like a misting while ours does.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she doesn't like the misting, you can always just use the spray bottle and squeeze softly to just let it dribble out onto her mouth. This would be the best way to "water" your dragon as opposed to spraying Yeti completely down if that's what you were doing :)

Truth be told, I don't mist, and I hardly bathe. If my dragons liked getting drops of water from the bottle on their lips, I'd do it. They probably would if I tried long enough. But all of my crew eats their salads very well, and their urates are always fine so in my situation, they get enough moisture from their diet.

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2vtdib5x said:
If she doesn't like the misting, you can always just use the spray bottle and squeeze softly to just let it dribble out onto her mouth. This would be the best way to "water" your dragon as opposed to spraying Yeti completely down if that's what you were doing :)

Truth be told, I don't mist, and I hardly bathe. If my dragons liked getting drops of water from the bottle on their lips, I'd do it. They probably would if I tried long enough. But all of my crew eats their salads very well, and their urates are always fine so in my situation, they get enough moisture from their diet.

-Brandon

I think she was just annoyed cause now she lets me give her a light mist sometimes . She will let me know when she is not in mood lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom