Possible beginnings of tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Hello!

I’m new to owning a bearded dragon or any reptile for that matter. I’ve had my beardie for almost a month, we’ve had some feeding issues that I’m currently working on. I made a post on Beardie ER. Yesterday, I noticed the very tip of his tail is black. Not sure if this is tail rot? Here are some pics from today.

106536-7743357219.jpg

106536-9700486152.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nope, little one's tail is good. :) Whenever you see anything different it's good to chronicle it though , so do keep an eye on any new or spreading discoloration.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":pwlgzm0r said:
Nope, little one's tail is good. :) Whenever you see anything different it's good to chronicle it though , so do keep an eye on any new or spreading discoloration.

Thank you! I was just worried because the very tip was black.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Most dragons have tails that get a little darker at the end, I would say you don't have anything to worry about. You should only be worried if your dragon has had a couple of sheds that have gotten "stuck" - tail rot is caused by unshed skin restricting blood flow and causing tissue death.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just keep an eye on the dark area at the very tip. If that doesn’t change or expand then it shouldn’t be a problem. If it starts to look shriveled and move up the tail let us know and probably see a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom