Basking light regualr bulb or halogen?

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Re: Basking light regualr bulb or halogen?

Postby claudiusx » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:12 pm

It should be fine :) It is a bit close at the top, but since the spot pumpkin uses is at the right distance, it should be just fine.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby aronoiiel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Here is another if this helps. Sorry for all the posts I have never had a lizard before. I just wanna help him or her be the healthiest they can be![Click image to enlarge]

Edit: oh good yay thank you so much both Karrie and Brandon! Eventually I will change that tree out but pumpkin loves it so much lol
aronoiiel
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Just move it to a different part of tank if you can
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby aronoiiel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:59 pm

I might be able to. I will wait if it is ok for right now. Pumpkin is shedding and the new light already has the poor little one on edge. She poofed pretty fiercely at me while doing it lol. She hasnt done that since i gor her last week so i assume the shed is making her cranky. I dont wanna change to much with her already being upset.
aronoiiel
Hatchling Poster

Postby aronoiiel » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:13 pm

So today was a deep clean day (currently washing the reptile carpet.) And moves the decorations. Now I have a new confusing issue. The temp on the hide I moved over is reading 119, waaay to warm, with the probe. Its 8inch below the basking and uvb light. The tep on the hammock is 109. So. Do I reduce the light from 150 back to a 100? I font wannt cook the little one. Pumkin is on it because we just finiahed with a bath.Sorry I didnt think temps would give me so many problems :/ [Click image to enlarge]
aronoiiel
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:32 pm

Yes put the 100 back in and then get a temp -- it is trial and error w/ bulbs and decor ---
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Enclosures