Hiding in hide away all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasha805

Hi guys, so my baby Chapo is about 12 months and he is a fat lil lazy sucker lol but some day if he is in his vivarium he will go in his cave (in the cool side) and just stay there. Is this normal I would think he would be basking more since it’s getting colder.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Check out the brumation article on this site --- read what it says about behavior eating etc -- if you have anymore questions after that please ask -- hes a year old so its my guess his metabolism is slowing down and he is either doing the semi brumation or regular brumation under Behavior and Anatomy right side of page
Karrie

Tasha805

Original Poster
Thank you that is what I was thinking it was. Another question does brumation affect their pooping cycle? Chapo used to poop everyday and now some days I have to give him a bath to make him poop.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It depends on his eating-- if he is eating less or not at all it will effect their pooping- he needs to be kept hydrated so if he's not eating I recommend bathing once a week to see if he drinks unless he drinks from water bowl-- you can keep a weight on him to make sure he's not losing weight-- a kitchen food scale and weigh in grams- anything over 400 grams is good weight for an adult dragon
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom