Cleaning decoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some sandblasted grapevine for my beardies enclosure from an expo. I just want to make sure she doesn’t get anything from the expo and the other reptiles. I was wondering if I can clean it with Flukers Super Scrub with Organic Cleaner or just water.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
To be 100% sure I'd place it in the oven (set at 140 degC for a few hours), important the temperature of the entire piece reach the oven temperature and stay there for couple of hours.

But if too big to fit in the oven - F10sc made up 1:125 , immerse in this solution and let soak in for about day , may been to put a brick or two on top to ensure it stays completely submerged , then air dry ( this will drown any tiny unwanted insects and will kill virtually all moulds , spores , bacteria and viruses ).

There after a blast with garden hose to knock any sticky poo or urates off , and then a spray with F10sc made up 1:250 and airdried for about 30mins will do a great job at keeping it clean.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mishathedragon":qi7vid8e said:
I got some sandblasted grapevine for my beardies enclosure from an expo. I just want to make sure she doesn’t get anything from the expo and the other reptiles. I was wondering if I can clean it with Flukers Super Scrub with Organic Cleaner or just water.

Those products are a waste of money. Really just expensive water.

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":iuef1orw said:
To be 100% sure I'd place it in the oven (set at 140 degC for a few hours), important the temperature of the entire piece reach the oven temperature and stay there for couple of hours.

But if too big to fit in the oven - F10sc made up 1:125 , immerse in this solution and let soak in for about day , may been to put a brick or two on top to ensure it stays completely submerged , then air dry ( this will drown any tiny unwanted insects and will kill virtually all moulds , spores , bacteria and viruses ).

There after a blast with garden hose to knock any sticky poo or urates off , and then a spray with F10sc made up 1:250 and airdried for about 30mins will do a great job at keeping it clean.
Thanks and i have been looking everywhere online where they sell f10sc and I can’t find it. Where did you get the f10 sc

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mishathedragon":1354o1v5 said:
kingofnobbys":1354o1v5 said:

Thanks and i have been looking everywhere online where they sell f10sc and I can’t find it. Where did you get the f10 sc

Off hand I can't remember, bought my current bottle about 3 or 4 years ago, a bottle of the F10sc goes a very long way.

Try the local vet if you can't find it online , on ebay or amazon.

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2jou3zrw said:
Mishathedragon":2jou3zrw said:
kingofnobbys":2jou3zrw said:

Off hand I can't remember, bought my current bottle about 3 or 4 years ago, a bottle of the F10sc goes a very long way.

Try the local vet if you can't find it online , on ebay or amazon.
I’ve searched everywhere and could not find any F10sc. Could I just bake it and use a different solution. Any suggestion for a substitute

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
You can use diluted bleach solution and yes to the oven. For F10, try searching F10 veterinary disinfectant. That should turn it up at Pangea, LLLReptile and several other places. :0)

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
JumpinJellyfish":159zxlzi said:
You can use diluted bleach solution and yes to the oven. For F10, try searching F10 veterinary disinfectant. That should turn it up at Pangea, LLLReptile and several other places. :0)
Ok and I’ve seen f10scxd alot why can’t I use that.

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
Mishathedragon":17tyhv8s said:
JumpinJellyfish":17tyhv8s said:
Ok and I’ve seen f10scxd alot why can’t I use that. Also should I only bake the wood if it’s small enough for the oven and don’t use F10sc or should I bake the wood then use F10sc to disinfect it more. To add on it’s a sandblasted grapevine from exoterra that I got from a expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom