Cleaning decoration

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Cleaning decoration

Postby Mishathedragon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:09 pm

I got some sandblasted grapevine for my beardies enclosure from an expo. I just want to make sure she doesn’t get anything from the expo and the other reptiles. I was wondering if I can clean it with Flukers Super Scrub with Organic Cleaner or just water.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Cleaning decoration

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm

To be 100% sure I'd place it in the oven (set at 140 degC for a few hours), important the temperature of the entire piece reach the oven temperature and stay there for couple of hours.

But if too big to fit in the oven - F10sc made up 1:125 , immerse in this solution and let soak in for about day , may been to put a brick or two on top to ensure it stays completely submerged , then air dry ( this will drown any tiny unwanted insects and will kill virtually all moulds , spores , bacteria and viruses ).

There after a blast with garden hose to knock any sticky poo or urates off , and then a spray with F10sc made up 1:250 and airdried for about 30mins will do a great job at keeping it clean.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Mishathedragon wrote:I got some sandblasted grapevine for my beardies enclosure from an expo. I just want to make sure she doesn’t get anything from the expo and the other reptiles. I was wondering if I can clean it with Flukers Super Scrub with Organic Cleaner or just water.

Those products are a waste of money. Really just expensive water.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Mishathedragon » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 am

kingofnobbys wrote:To be 100% sure I'd place it in the oven (set at 140 degC for a few hours), important the temperature of the entire piece reach the oven temperature and stay there for couple of hours.

But if too big to fit in the oven - F10sc made up 1:125 , immerse in this solution and let soak in for about day , may been to put a brick or two on top to ensure it stays completely submerged , then air dry ( this will drown any tiny unwanted insects and will kill virtually all moulds , spores , bacteria and viruses ).

There after a blast with garden hose to knock any sticky poo or urates off , and then a spray with F10sc made up 1:250 and airdried for about 30mins will do a great job at keeping it clean.

Thanks and i have been looking everywhere online where they sell f10sc and I can’t find it. Where did you get the f10 sc
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:37 am

Mishathedragon wrote:
kingofnobbys wrote:To be 100% sure I'd place it in the oven (set at 140 degC for a few hours), important the temperature of the entire piece reach the oven temperature and stay there for couple of hours.

Thanks and i have been looking everywhere online where they sell f10sc and I can’t find it. Where did you get the f10 sc

Off hand I can't remember, bought my current bottle about 3 or 4 years ago, a bottle of the F10sc goes a very long way.

Try the local vet if you can't find it online , on ebay or amazon.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Mishathedragon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:37 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:
Mishathedragon wrote:

Off hand I can't remember, bought my current bottle about 3 or 4 years ago, a bottle of the F10sc goes a very long way.

Try the local vet if you can't find it online , on ebay or amazon.

I’ve searched everywhere and could not find any F10sc. Could I just bake it and use a different solution. Any suggestion for a substitute
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:18 pm

You can use diluted bleach solution and yes to the oven. For F10, try searching F10 veterinary disinfectant. That should turn it up at Pangea, LLLReptile and several other places. :0)
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

Postby Mishathedragon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:44 pm

JumpinJellyfish wrote:You can use diluted bleach solution and yes to the oven. For F10, try searching F10 veterinary disinfectant. That should turn it up at Pangea, LLLReptile and several other places. :0)

Ok and I’ve seen f10scxd alot why can’t I use that.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster

Postby Mishathedragon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Mishathedragon wrote:
JumpinJellyfish wrote:You can use diluted bleach solution and yes to the oven. For F10, try searching F10 veterinary disinfectant. That should turn it up at Pangea, LLLReptile and several other places. :0)

Ok and I’ve seen f10scxd alot why can’t I use that. Also should I only bake the wood if it’s small enough for the oven and don’t use F10sc or should I bake the wood then use F10sc to disinfect it more. To add on it’s a sandblasted grapevine from exoterra that I got from a expo.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures