"lazy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
hi, blitz has been acting "Lazy" recently and I am getting worried, I know I have to replace her uv light so could it be lack of uv or brumation.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is Blitz--- ? How old is the UVB? It could be start of brumation or semi brumation
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
blitz is around 14-15 months, I started using the uv about 6 months ago. im going to order try to order one soon, maybe tomorrow.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so how long has he been w/ out the UVB lighting? Do you have a Reptisun 10.0 tube? Its possible hes going thru brumation hes old enough what is he doing ---? is he eating and still basking ? Slowed down on eating and basking?
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she is still eating but her HUGE appetite is not as huge. I have a 5.0 reptisun tube in side of the cage, this time I plan on getting a 10.0 this time. she was just basking the other day, but today she hasn't really moved from the same spot, intil I held her and then she started moving.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My guess is she has started brumation -- she isnt w/ eggs is she? Has she been doing any digging in her tank ? The 10.0 will definatley be better but the UVB isnt bad either and you have it inside the tank -- she is still eating and basking so it could be her matabolism is slowing down
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom