Re: New bearded dragon owner/rescue from a family member/nee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardiemommarescue

Original Poster
Cool side temp is always 80f, the humidity is never over 60. I am still using the 24watt uvb bulb with reflector dome.i make sure to move it to where he happens to be in the tank. I put another smaller basking rock and he doesnt seem to want to be on it. I may go to petsmart to see if theres anything that he would like. I have tried hand feeding him and he never goes for greens and I wiggle and move and have the insects crawl close for his reach he sometimes goes for them but not very much. The syringe feed is going alot better he kind of took some tonight and licked in between doses it wasnt as forced and he didnt turn very black so I'm hoping that's a good sign. And I was thinking the same thing I'm going to skip the bath tonight. Should I offer him water? I just dont know how to make sure he isnt thirsty he was super dehydrated when i got him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
24watt uvb bulb??? What is the brand and is it a tube???? I am guessing you have a coil?? Bathing once a week will keep him hydrated - he may or may not drink from the bath - at least it is offered-- I would look around at Petsmart for decor they have nice decor and you want something thats user friendly for him --- something not steep and something he can lay on ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom