Best way to rehome beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmorgan91

Hey everyone! We have a 1yr old beardie we need to rehome and I wondered if you guys had tips. I will not put her on Craigslist or marketplace whatsoever. I have reached out to one breeder who is trying to help me find her a home. We are leaving nov 23rd to do fulltime RV living all over the US. While in transit we will not have the ability to have her lamp on and I can’t risk her health :( has anyone ever run into this? I don’t need to be shamed. This is not easy on our family. Thank you!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
You could post in the "For Free" section of this website... at least you'd know that the people looking at the post would be serious about beardies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry you are needing to rehome your dragon, so many need to at some point in time.
We do have a "For Free" forum for help with rehoming your dragon.
Do you have any friend or family member who could help out, or not?
Good luck & have fun on your travels.

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Rhetorical Question: Is it safe to assume you've checked for possible reptile rescues in your area? If not directly listed/found, you might ask other kinds of rescues (dogs, cats, small animal, SPCA, etc.); rescues in many/most areas network--even outside their areas of interest. Some foster "rescuers" don't list themselves, as they know they can only care for one animal at a time and don't wish to be inundated.

You might also ask at pet stores; owners/employees may know or have heard of someone looking for an adult (most pet shops I know of pretty much stick to babies/juvies).

Best Wishes

bmorgan91

Original Poster
My sister actually took our other one but she has two now and couldn’t take our bigger one. We will leave her with a family member temporarily, but they aren’t knowledgeable with beardies is the issue I’m having.

Drache613":35kysj82 said:
Hello,

Sorry you are needing to rehome your dragon, so many need to at some point in time.
We do have a "For Free" forum for help with rehoming your dragon.
Do you have any friend or family member who could help out, or not?
Good luck & have fun on your travels.

Tracie

Aside from what people have suggested, such as local places and what-not.

If you're willing to ship a pet and package them safely, I'd absolutely recommend the small company:
https://www.emeraldscales.com/rehome

The company has the co-owner called GoHerping on YouTube who is a 18 year old who has been taking care of them for his life, his humble beginning with a snake back when he was 13- yadah, yadah, this guy is a great guy and I would personally trust him with any reptilian pet I'd need to rehome.

Vinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom