Shed skin in nose moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunalern

Lately, Hades has been breathing a bit heavier. I noticed it a day or two ago, he even sometimes makes that kind of smacking sound when he opens his mouth the bask during gaping.

However, he's still VERY energetic with a healthy appetite and regular poops. I take him out for a few minutes a day and he's very alert and curious.

When I observe him in his tank, I notice a bit of something moving around in his nostril that looks like just white shed skin (he's actually gotten shed in his nostrils twice already but had resolved it on his own in a day or two usually) however it seems to move.When he exhales it's almost bulging and when he inhales it looks normal. I was also wondering if maybe it was something else? It doesn't look like a liquid and he has no other fluids leaking from his eyes/ears/mouth so although I'm suspicious of an RI he doesn't seem to be displaying any other symptoms so I'm just kind of stuck at a dead end. :/

Thanks so much in advance for any help!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KarrieRee":3p9ugofe said:
You might want to post some pics so we can look at it
Karrie
+1 Could be something as innocuous as "beardie booger" (or "beardie bogie" for those of British persuasion... :lol: ) Hopefully that's all it is.

lunalern

Original Poster
Sorry it took me so long, he was just not having me taking a picture of that side of his head for some reason. But I snagged this one!

68eJf2p.jpg

MrSpectrum":1h0zk6gm said:
KarrieRee":1h0zk6gm said:
You might want to post some pics so we can look at it
Karrie
+1 Could be something as innocuous as "beardie booger" (or "beardie bogie" for those of British persuasion... :lol: ) Hopefully that's all it is.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like a normal nose plug. Sometimes they can take longer to free up and that’s normal. It will eventually loosen and come free and then his breathing should normalize.

lunalern

Original Poster
Okay I’m glad I double checked! I was optimistic due to his high energy and hearty appetite. He’s had one of these before that I think I mistook for shed skin. Thanks for the input!

CooperDragon":2sy20cpi said:
That looks like a normal nose plug. Sometimes they can take longer to free up and that’s normal. It will eventually loosen and come free and then his breathing should normalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom