Petco is FOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
[RANT]

If anyone hasn't heard/read, I'm in the midst of a debacle trying to get UVB lighting.

claudiusx":1r4byu6r said:
I would just go back to .... or petco online. He will be fine until it comes in, especially if you can get the 2 day shipping.
MrSpectrum":1r4byu6r said:
We've ordered another pair of T5s from Petco; ETA Friday (finners crossed).
We spoke to Petco on Wednesday afternoon. They told us as long as we got our order in by midnight, it would be shipped on Thursday, and with Next Day Delivery ($15 extra) we'd get the bulbs on Friday (TODAY). We didn't wait til midnight; we ordered them immediately, before close of regular business, and paid for Next Day Delivery.

Not having heard from anyone (Petco or UPS) we called Petco, only to find they hadn't even shipped them yet, and IF they got them out today, we might get them tomorrow... or Monday... or next WEEK.

THEY told US they'd be here today. WTF did we pay the extra $15 for?

Meanwhile, this reptile's been w/o UV since Sat., and it looks like it'll be until at least Mon. (9 days) before those bulbs arrive--IF THEN.

Moral: Don't believe ANYTHING Petco says/tells you. Apparently, their definition of "Next Day" is next day from whenever they feel like, and has nothing to do with when an order is placed or what they represent to customers.

[/RANT]

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
If you read the linked thread, you'll see we did just that. After 7 days to get here (instead of 2) they sent us the wrong bulbs, which is why (at the suggestion of someone else here) we tried going through Petco, which also promised next day delivery and didn't deliver. We're still awaiting those bulbs.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3158mk6n said:
If you live the USA , just order from https://www.lllreptile.com/locations and pay via PayPal , this way you have buyer protection and free returns.
Those weren't really the issues--it was delivering when promised when paying extra for that service.
UPS has confirmed the bulbs are on the truck. We're waiting to see...

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Inappropriate words/phrases removed by Moderator
THEY DID IT AGAIN!!!
:angry5: :banghead:

Bulbs FINALLY arrived. Opened them up, and they're 5.0s instead of the 10.0s we ordered & paid for. Checked the packing list and the order again... BOTH say 10.0 like we ordered.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE‽‽‽
This is beyond ridiculous. DW is on the phone with Petco AGAIN wringing them ANOTHER new one.

IMO, if you order anything online from Petco, you're taking your chances.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It Never Ends With These People...

DW just got off the phone with Petco. Someone in Cust. Serv. is supposedly "personally expediting" the matter. Following the call, this person sent a confirming email, saying they're sending another bulb--ONE--when the order was for TWO. DW had to get back on the phone AGAIN and say, "WAIT--the order is for TWO, not ONE."

The incompetence of these people--this COMPANY--boggles the mind.
How are they still in business?

Before anyone says/thinks, "You should have ordered thru Amazon," remember that's how this whole debacle started... Amazon couldn't tell the difference between T5s and T8s!

I'm starting to wonder if maybe we should be talking directly to ZooMed... :dontknow:

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
To be honest, you should have gotten everything set up and ready to go BEFORE you got a bearded dragon. It took me a week to get things where I wanted them in my enclosure before my guy was even delivered. I’ve ordered T5s off amazon and have gotten them next day even.. Do you have a pet supplies plus around? My local one has T5s.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
KyleSwonger61":hk11qi6z said:
To be honest, you should have gotten everything set up and ready to go BEFORE you got a bearded dragon.
To be honest, you should have read the linked thread to get the whole story before admonishing. I did/do have everything set up and ready to go--except the UVB. The UVB lights were ordered from Amazon a week before we got him, and we've been trying to get 36" 10.0 T5s ever since.

Do you have a pet supplies plus around? My local one has T5s.
We have 2. Neither stocks 36" T5s, and to order them would have taken longer than the places we've been trying (if any of them could get it right).

This has been a long--and frankly unbelievable--saga.
Amazon can't tell the difference between a T5 and a T8
Another local pet shop had one--it was defective (didn't work).
Petco couldn't deliver even though we paid extra for Next Day (took them almost a week) and when they finally got here, it turns out they can't tell the difference between a 10.0 and a 5.0

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I know it's a bit late now, but when it's time to replace, see if Josh's Frogs has the bulb in stock. When I ordered mine from them, it arrived quickly and well-packaged in one of those thick cardboard tubes. And it was the correct one ^_^

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks--I'll keep it in mind (we met Josh's Frogs at a couple shows). We did put a call in to ZooMed, and they recommended LLLReptile (which I think I've heard/read good things about here).

Petco has done it again (not that I was expecting anything competent at this point).
Petco led us to believe the bulbs (even separately) were sent out Mon, 11/11 (see post from that date).
DW had another go-around with them, and they were (again) supposed to be via "Next Day Delivery".
As of this morning, they're not yet even in UPS' hands. How is that "Next Day"? Even their "Personal Expedition" is unbe-freakin'-lievably incompetent.

Petco keeps sending us those "How are we doing?" emails/texts. Something tells me that when they finally get the response from DW, the email is going to (figuratively) explode on opening.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
MrSpectrum":2bzg2or0 said:
Thanks--I'll keep it in mind (we met Josh's Frogs at a couple shows). We did put a call in to ZooMed, and they recommended LLLReptile (which I think I've heard/read good things about here).

Petco has done it again (not that I was expecting anything competent at this point).
Petco led us to believe the bulbs (even separately) were sent out Mon, 11/11 (see post from that date).
DW had another go-around with them, and they were (again) supposed to be via "Next Day Delivery".
As of this morning, they're not yet even in UPS' hands. How is that "Next Day"? Even their "Personal Expedition" is unbe-freakin'-lievably incompetent.

Petco keeps sending us those "How are we doing?" emails/texts. Something tells me that when they finally get the response from DW, the email is going to (figuratively) explode on opening.

She needs a Mrs. Weasley style Howler! Yes, I've seen LLLReptile mentioned favorably here fairly often. Good luck - what a saga you've had!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I completely understand your frustration on this entire situation. Remember though, that we
do not allow bad language or insinuations/phrases that can be misconstrued on here. This
is a family friendly forum. :D

Thanks!

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I've reviewed the thread completely; point taken. Apologies for whatever was removed, and I'll endeavor to tone things down.

As to what you're construing as insinuations, I don't believe they are any/much different than the dozens (hundreds?) of statements in posts that certain pet supply chains (also called out by name) "know nothing about reptiles", "don't listen to what they tell you, they know nothing", "don't care for reptiles adequately", etc. The rest of what I've said has been relating facts, expressing opinions, and asking rhetorical questions.

I cannot foresee, control, or be responsible for the mistaken inferences and/or misconstruals of others--no-one can. I'm always more than happy to clarify/discuss, however IME that--unfortunately--rarely happens.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
THE SAGA CONTINUES...

The first bulb from Petco just arrived... Sorry the blackouts had to cover part of the damage.
full

We have not opened it. We don't even know if they shipped the correct bulb, but there's no point--we can here the shattered glass just in bringing it in from the porch.

We've gotten several bulb shipments in the course of this debacle from several sources. None were packed as ****-poorly as this one, and none tried to haphazardly tape together 2 pieces of corrugated board with clear packing tape. Peeking/feeling through the hole, no packing material can be discerned, and this is the only package from anywhere to arrive that way. [rhetorically] Is this their idea of "Personallly Expedited"? Is this their idea of packing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom