Dovahh's first-ever brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al6911

First off, sorry if this is the wrong section!
Today marks Dovahh's first week home. He turned one this September, and as the US midwest slips into winter, I believe he is showing signs of brumation. I have no fecal sample to have tested, he hasn't really eaten much, maybe 1/2 a cup of salad and not even 20 BSFL. I figure this is just relocation stress mixed in with possible brumation. I went ahead and set his lights/ heating to an 11 hour on, 13 hour off schedule as he is just hiding in a bendy bridge he's got. I don't think it's his personality, as for the first 4 or so days, he happily basked under a hammock. I don't want to waste food if I can help it, I've got quite a bit more greens for him. I went ahead and put the BSFL I was feeding, following the guide on this website n a minifridge. Any other tips? Should i ease him into a 10 hour on/ 14 hour off lighting/ heating schedule? His nails are also quite long, and I will have to trim them soon (I'm assuming it's very similar to trimming Guinea Pig nails, I used to own 2 cute little guys). I'm also assuming it's a good idea to continue offering food. My nighttime temps are around 70-76 degrees, depending on the night, and it's also the same during the day without his lights/ heating. Should i get a CHE for him so he can have some heat in case he wants it if I do need to go to a 10 on/ 14 off schedule?
I know there's a lot of questions here, and I'm very sorry if this all is constantly repeated. I just want the best for my little man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom